TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

saki2fifty

Jul 29, 2019
So I've installed it on my main server, but would this cause an overall idle CPU usage to rise a bit?

saki2fifty

Jul 29, 2019
2 or 3 people on was at 0% and occasionally would jump to 1%. Now it's about 7% to around 10%.

I spawned 4000 pigs and it jumped to a little over 20%, maybe a little higher. Would be nice if there were a server stress test specifically for the game.

Taeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so far things have been running great except for an incompatibility with the redstone in motion mod that ads moveable frames. I spoke with the mod creator and he told me this

Taeo said:
Hey jakj! Been testing out the Tickthreading mod to see how well it handles multithreading tile entities. Been pretty impressed so far, however it seems to be incompatible with RiM :(
This is the error log it gives me, I thought I'd show you. If making RiM compatible is completely out of your hands let me know and I'll go pester the TT guys.
EDIT: yikes, no spoilers on this Forum. http://pastebin.com/vvjkZz2q
Yeah, that's not something I'm going to be able to fix right now, unless there's some token I can synchronize against. What's happening is my mod is forcing the tile entity to write itself out to a saveable record, just like what happens when the world is being saved. The problem is, this Tick Threading mod of yours probably makes the assumption that the function I'm calling will never be called except by Minecraft itself during the saving process. (This is actually the same thing as the Optifine crash above, where Optifine is assuming the rendering functions will be called only by Minecraft during the normal cycle.) And I expect the Waila mod would be incompatible with TT for the same reason.

You can ask the TT guys if there's a way to synchronize tile-entity access so I can query tile entities at will; Without that, I don't see any way to make my mod compatible.

Is there anything you can do to help in the way he said?

Taeo

Jul 29, 2019
haha, yes, here you may be able to, but over there it didn't work (different forum)

saki2fifty

Jul 29, 2019
oops... I guess I didn't read it thoroughly enough. Ha! (I was working on my server when I saw the notification pop up)

Taeo

Jul 29, 2019
Posted the issue on github after reading the error log more carefully. My bad, hate being that guy.​

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Posted the issue on github after reading the error log more carefully. My bad, hate being that guy.

Fixed in latest.

I've updated the main post with a more concise explanation of what TT does, and marked the 1.4.7 builds as stable-ish.

saki2fifty

Jul 29, 2019
TheLoneWolfling said:
“Is there an SSP version?​

It works in SSP, following the same instructions. There isn't as much reason to use it in SSP though - most time is normally spent rendering.

So I could apply the mod client side to be used on a TT enabled server? Or strictly SSP?

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
Another one for you, using the latest build for 1.5.2 WGT v0.8 server

When I open the ME Crafting Monitor (Applied Energistic Mod) and flip through different pages of currently crafting items. This happens in the console.
Also, no noticeable issue happened on server.

Here is the pastebin log
http://pastebin.com/ZFXPn9Si

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Nallar, when I set the option to have networks done async from the main thread I cannot kick anyone from the server. I keep getting "You cannot kick a player in async thread".

Ltcmzku.png

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed a VERY bad exploit in NEI in latest. Recommended to update if you suspect players of duping. Also not recommended to update, as some large changes to AE are in testing.

If they work, performance will be much better. If they don't, it will probably break everything. :)

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
By the looks of it the AE changes are in both 1.4.7 and 1.5.2, but the NEI exploit is only 1.5.2?