TiC: Smeltery Bug

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
First let me say that I'm sorry if this is common knowledge or asked other places but I haven't been able to find it.

Sometimes when playing on a server our smeltery will bug out. When opening the gui it won't show liquids metals stored inside or the lava level. The WAILA info on the controller displays the amounts and the liquid metal can be seen through the seared glass but the gui is empty. Could this be related to the fact that is smeltery is like 20 blocks tall and we dump tons of stuff in there? So far the only fix I'm found is to break the controller and replace it. That really sucks losing precious metals though.

Has anyone else seen this or experienced it?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Check if it's on a chunk boundary with F9. It's possible that's causing your issue.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Test to see if it only a display bug. IE, try to pour some of what should be in there into an ingot cast. I've had this happen, mostly with not showing lava. But since the tank itself appears to be full, I just ignore it, and usually once the smeltery updates by using a bit of fuel it fixes itself.

Annoying bug that has been around for a while, I think.

If WAILA shows the metal in there, and you can pour it out, just keep going and don't worry about the display.

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
Not using a texture packs.
It is a display bug. I can still remove liquids from it but I can't change the order or tell exactly how much is in there.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The metals should be pumpable into a tank. Annoying, yes, but if you must break the smeltery at least you can save your metals first.