Those Things That Make You Smile In Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
We gripe a lot around here. Like, a lot. I'm one of the best at it! So in contrast to our dedicated thread to irksome things in Minecraft, I like to start discussing things that please you in this game.

What changes or additions have made your game more fun, complex, simple, or beautiful? What mod had you never touched that completely changes the game for you?

I think a thread like this will definitely be positive, but it can be a way of sharing those tiny nuggets that many people just don't know. Often I find the small details to be the most pleasing.

Here's a few of mine:
-Right clicking Natura cotton with Metallurgy fertilizer. Spamming it leads to tons of cotton very quickly from a small farm.

-The utter JOYS of Carpenters Blocks. I can make a fully illuminated path without any visible lighting or magic effects. I can make vertical slabs without microblocks AND reposition them on the fly. AND I can make virtually ANY block into a slab, slope, or stair.

-Chisel mod. I can build fancy things with cobble. I can make birch wood a pleasing material to build with.

-Flux capacitors from TE3. I can finally make rechargeable TiCo tools without touching IC2. I had an audible, yet manly, squeee when I used it.

That's a short list. What put a smile on your blocky avatar's face in MC?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
When I build something that is pretty complicated (like ore and other block processing with te and buildcraft pipes only) and I rebuild it like 3 times and it finally works :D

Reactions: RedBoss

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Did not know about the cotton/metallurgy thing - that sure is useful I will try it myself.

The Chisel mod is definitely one of those things that makes me smile. The author of that mod knows how to make cobblestone purr.
The fact that the chisel does not take durability.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Did not know about the cotton/metallurgy thing - that sure is useful I will try it myself.

Bonemeal and Thaumcraft's Hoe of Growth seem to do the same. Though, if the cotton grows to the pink flower stage, then you have to break and replant... or wait... I suppose that can also be considered an option.

I never get tired of getting that extra 10% from the pulverizer. I'm also having a blast with the larger portable tanks in 1.6.4.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Playing with a friend at the "we have everything" stage. Screwing around playing pranks on each other. I always wore dart armor and screwed with him with a wand of lightning. He was wearing a gravi chest and nano or quantum armor and we were having an air battle. Hit him twice with the wand at like y 300 or so. Boots came off then chest came off. His screams on ts. Oh the joy. I love you dartcraft.

Using rotarycraft processing and laughing at the sheer silliness of ore quintupling or more.Thanks for that iridium ore greg; it makes 13 ingots of iridum now. 25 Uranium per ore? Yes please. 45 lapis per ore? YES PLEASE. Fortune has never been so jealous.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
That moment when you finally get your sorting/processing system totally automated, and toss in your first mining haul. It's so nice to not have to deal with chests again.

Your first jetpack. That final Tinker's Construct Tool. When you get AE up and running on a new world.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
When something I made on fly works. (Happens often! :D)
When I get a nice biome.
When I actually get creative at design.(Sadly, this doesn't happen often... :()
When I help a friend and nothing explodes later.
Have a setup of every mod ready!

acters124

Jul 29, 2019
setting up my forestry farm.
putting on power armour leggings with speed upgrades and jump.
playing with friends.
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
seeing sheep and cows and pigs and chickens at close proximity.
killing the enderdragon and wither with out dying.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@Hoff Does RotaryCraft has a stable working build for 1.6.4? Last I tried, it kept crashing on me. :(

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MigukNamja