This is OpenWorldAddict here....

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Feed the Beast members,

I am Openworldaddict. I am a Let's Player on YouTube as well as a streamer on twitch. I stream on weekend mornings, and the rest of the week I upload videos to my YouTube channel. Since I am also an avid storyteller, I use that as my focus for my Let's plays and streams, even doing roleplays when possible.

I had minecraft since 2012 when a member of a Steam group I was a part of gifted me the game so that I could join their private server. Although I wasn't a fan of the combat in the game, I loved exploring the caves and ravines, farming, and building structures.

What got me interested in modpacks was all the lovely machines that you could build. As you can tell I am a tech geek. Of course for the longest time I was a tekkit user, but in the last few months being introduced to all the new 3rd party tech (and magic) modpacks by another youtuber and streamer Valsnoisytoys, and stumbling upon this wonderful tech based modpack called Colony, has made me reconsider.

I look forward to see what the future holds for tech geeks like me at Feed the Beast, and I am willing to throw my support to those modpacks that I love by playing it on my streams. (I find streaming is best for minecraft since minecraft (especially modded minecraft) is a game where i can truly loose myself for hours. When I do a let's play, during each hour or 1/2 hour episode, I want to end it at a point where i have felt I have accomplished something. In Minecraft that is almost impossible with in that timeframe, for you can spend hours exploring, mining, excavating, and building.)

I am not big on minecraft multiplayer, although i don't mind being on small servers, and i especially enjoy it when I can mine, build, craft, farm, and explore to my hearts content (without dying to many times from mob encounters (I have terrible reaction times due to disability, so I can get shot five times by a skeleton before realizing that I am being shot at by a skeleton that's behind me.. and then I'll be shot five more times trying to find that said skeleton.)

I also love any roleplay opportunities that i am afforded.

I look forward to having fun with feed the beast, and on these forums.

As I say at the end of all my videos and streams:

'This is OpenWorldAddict....Out!'

Last edited: