Things to do in my pack?

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am setting up a custom FTB pack which is loosely steampunky (the whole pack can be found here). As such, many high-tech mods such as Industrialcraft have been removed, and I am looking for interesting machines to build that don't require high-tech mods.

Here are the tech mods I have:

Buildcraft (with addons)
Thermal Expansion
Resonant Induction
MineFactory Reloaded
Railcraft

I'm used to building machines based on Forestry and Gregtech, so I need some ideas. Any suggestions?

Reactions: DanteGalileo

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to make a mod pack for my friends like this with just high tech and cool world generation stuff ect.
But if you really want tech mods
Atomic science
Big reactors
computer craft (kinda)
factorization
Project red (all of them)
Reactor craft
Rotary craft

These are just the ones i can think of on the top of my head
Now reading back at this do you mean you don't want high tech mods? sorry if i look like an idiot XD

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to make a mod pack for my friends like this with just high tech and cool world generation stuff ect.
But if you really want tech mods
Atomic science
Big reactors
computer craft (kinda)
factorization
Project red (all of them)
Reactor craft
Rotary craft

These are just the ones i can think of on the top of my head
Now reading back at this do you mean you don't want high tech mods? sorry if i look like an idiot XD
Yeah, what I meant was the pack doesn't have high-tech mods and I don't want them. (see mod list)

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO, Hydraulicraft, ArchimedesShips, Sync, Engineers Toolbox, Better Than Wolfes if you can get it to run !?.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Better Than Wolfes if you can get it to run !?.

That is strictly a standalone mod by design. Any attempts to get it to run with Forge in 1.6.4 will not work without (massively) modifying code, which is a discussion that need not be carried out on these forums.

Edit: Since I seem to always be off topic, here's what I could think of for this:

Try setting up an automatic oil pump to refinery to quarry setup using Buildcraft and Railcraft. Bonus points if you can do all of the quarry sorting with BC and RC.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am setting up a custom FTB pack which is loosely steampunky (the whole pack can be found here). As such, many high-tech mods such as Industrialcraft have been removed, and I am looking for interesting machines to build that don't require high-tech mods.

Here are the tech mods I have:

Buildcraft (with addons)
Thermal Expansion
Resonant Induction
MineFactory Reloaded
Railcraft

I'm used to building machines based on Forestry and Gregtech, so I need some ideas. Any suggestions?

I think RotaryCraft looks and feels a lot more low tech than Thermal Expansion, honestly.

I usually play with just BC, Railcraft and Forestry as my tech mods and Forestry (though a great mod) I really use mostly for the Carpenter as it makes the Railcraft creosote recipes so much simpler.

Is there something in Resonant Induction or MineFactory Reloaded that works similarly?

Reactions: Padfoote

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I think RotaryCraft looks and feels a lot more low tech than Thermal Expansion, honestly.

I usually play with just BC, Railcraft and Forestry as my tech mods and Forestry (though a great mod) I really use mostly for the Carpenter as it makes the Railcraft creosote recipes so much simpler.

Is there something in Resonant Induction or MineFactory Reloaded that works similarly?
Resonant Induction works on the same principles of mechanical energy as Rotarycraft, so in the end I just had to choose one over the other.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I watched a video on Resonant Induction last night and it looks really cool. Something I really need to try out.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoyed RotaryCraft the one time I tried it (really laggy for me, though...) but the machines are too shiny IMHO for a Steampunk pack. Good call, I think, on Resonant Induction based on the one 10-minute BevoLJ video I saw.

I mean... Tesla Coils... Hello...

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoyed RotaryCraft the one time I tried it (really laggy for me, though...) but the machines are too shiny IMHO for a Steampunk pack. Good call, I think, on Resonant Induction based on the one 10-minute BevoLJ video I saw.

I mean... Tesla Coils... Hello...
RI has quantum energy storage