Thermionic Fabricator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys....I'm attempting to use a Thermionic Fabricator and I can't get it to work. I've followed the instructions on the wiki for Forestry, but it seems that when I hook a redstone engine up to the Fabricator the engine won't turn on for some reason. Does it just not work with redstone engines?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
No, you need to use a "real" engine. Since some time ago, redstone engines will only work with pipes, no machines.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry wiki clearly states the Thermionic Fabricator requires 2MJ/t to run.

Redstone engines should be used only for pipes and the pump, nothing else.

Dylan Meurs

Jul 29, 2019
actually the redstone engines no long output to wooden conductive pipes and will only work with compatible machinces like a pump, the required power just has to be low enough for the engine to run it

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
So I hooked up a combustion engine instead and it still seems to not be heating up (although the engine is at least running now). Argh.

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
I got it working finally, turns out the combustion engine only produces 1MJ, so I needed two. I wish redstone engines still worked. :p

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Combustion engine or Stirling Engine? Combustion requires fuel/oil and water to prevent overheating. Stirling Engine only requires coal/charcoal. Stirling only produces 1MJ, combustion should provide much more.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
On the beta pack i was running a few of the thermal expasion machines and the rolling machine with redstone engines (4 each machine), ofc it was very slow, but well it was free.

/manu

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I love watching people wonder why they can't power their machines with redstone engines. I always get a good laugh out of it.