Thermionic Fabricator Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm getting set to create a couple multiblock farms, and I'd like to be able to mass produce the blocks with AE. Most of the recipes are straightforward, but the electron tubes are looking a bit tricky. Specifically, I have no idea how you're supposed to automate the Thermionic Fabricator. From my initial experiments, it looks like I can use routers to insert material into specific slots, but trying to insert materials based on a side just throws them into slot 0, where the glass is supposed to go. While I can technically use an array of 9 routers to insert the correct number of materials into each slot, keep the glass stocked, and remove the outputs, this seems a little awkward. I'm fine with dedicating a fabricator to a single kind of tube, though, since I'll probably just need tin and bronze tubes in any real quantity.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried the bottom or top? I just looked on the forestry wiki and there's nothing there about pipes and sides for the thermionic fabricator - I guess Sengir didn't think anyone would want to keep it heated up all the time. Does the side work for removing the tubes, or does that just remove glass?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Hopper works to insert glass or redstone, however you can't insert tin (probably due to Extra bees adding recipes with molten metals).

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
A router can insert into a specific slot number. 3 routers should do the job. 2 for inserting, 1 for extracting?

You can attach an interface directly to the fabricator and pull from the bottom (haven't tested other sides) with an import bus.

tfab.png

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

Sprung

Jul 29, 2019
Since I don't have any experience with routers I just leave the pattern in the fabricator and set one up for each kind of tube I want to automate.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I;'m terrible with Forestry, but I love hearing how much you're using AE (and not just as endgame storage)

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
A router can insert into a specific slot number. 3 routers should do the job. 2 for inserting, 1 for extracting?

You can attach an interface directly to the fabricator and pull from the bottom (haven't tested other sides) with an import bus.

That's extremely helpful. Thanks. I'll just use a router with a machine filter to keep the top slot stocked with glass, and that should do the trick.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

tfab.png

Instead of the separate tesseract for the sand, you could put an export bus on top of the fabricator that would do the same thing.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You can edit the "Slot 0" field in the router interface. Keep incrementing that number until you put something in the router and it disappears, then go look at the fabricator and see where it went. Make a note, increment again until you have the numbers for every slot in the machine.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It's been 6 months, I think they've finished with this thread.
Finished?...I've only just gotten here.

Dunno if this changes with different versions of the modpacks or different versions of Forestry/Factorization but here's what I've discovered IRT how the ThermoFab translates to the Router:
name: 'factory2.0'
Sand: slot 0
recipe: slots 3-11
internal inventory: slots 12-29
output: ?

With a recipe loaded in the ThermoFab [and sand, power] and sufficient materials to craft in the internal storage, I cannot get the Router to extract from the output slot [and I've incremented past 100]. I'm trying to build one for each tube type, in as compact a build as possible and as material efficient a build as possible.

I'll be using an ME Interface with each ThermoFab so AE knows which machine is which. Router to keep all machines topped-off with sand. A Router to extract would make more sense than an import bus for each ThermoFab [and be easier to wire, keeping asthetics in mind].

Has anyone gotten a Router to successfully extract from this machine? I'm stumped as to why mine isn't working.