Request Thermal Expansion/Tinker's Construct integration: Magma Crucible for molten metal

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
Now I know this sounds like an odd request but considering how a magma crucible operates, i thought it would be prudent to also act as smeltery except for making pure molten metals by melting down the dusts or the ingots. This may seem a little game breaking but I believe it'd allow for greater automation of alloys and storage of metals considering storing molten metal is more efficient than solid metal in certain instances. this would also make the TC smeltery into a more efficient apparatus for mass producing alloys due to the ability to pump molten metals in and pump molten alloy out.

yes, i know, why would people make the smeltery anyway if they could make a magma crucible for the molten metal? One, the crucible early is somewhat expensive compared to the smeltery, and the fact it requires power, the only reasonable alloys you could get away with is making steel and bronze unless AOBD is installed. Second, the advantage of storing molten metal over solid metal is too great to ignore, considering a resonant tank can hold the equivalent of 3605 ingots worth of molten metak which is 172 metal blocks, thusforth allowing us to carry more metal if we ever travel in the world. third, a continuation, particularly if Railcraft is installed, steel tanks become more useful by storing all the nessecary metal at greater values.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Now I know this sounds like an odd request but considering how a magma crucible operates, i thought it would be prudent to also act as smeltery except for making pure molten metals by melting down the dusts or the ingots. This may seem a little game breaking but I believe it'd allow for greater automation of alloys and storage of metals considering storing molten metal is more efficient than solid metal in certain instances. this would also make the TC smeltery into a more efficient apparatus for mass producing alloys due to the ability to pump molten metals in and pump molten alloy out.

yes, i know, why would people make the smeltery anyway if they could make a magma crucible for the molten metal? One, the crucible early is somewhat expensive compared to the smeltery, and the fact it requires power, the only reasonable alloys you could get away with is making steel and bronze unless AOBD is installed. Second, the advantage of storing molten metal over solid metal is too great to ignore, considering a resonant tank can hold the equivalent of 3605 ingots worth of molten metak which is 172 metal blocks, thusforth allowing us to carry more metal if we ever travel in the world. third, a continuation, particularly if Railcraft is installed, steel tanks become more useful by storing all the nessecary metal at greater values.
Two things:
Firstly, you posted this in the wrong subforum. This is place is specifically for mod development as in coding; you probably want Mod Discussion or General FTB.
Secondly, a mod exists that does this. It's called Thermal Smeltery, and you can find it here. :)

Reactions: mattp_12