Thermal Expansion server crash?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have been running a our FTB server for a bit now, and everything was fine until tonight, when the server crashed while I was away watching The Hobbit (nice movie) and now crashes every time I try to restart it. One of my player probably has placed something in the world which makes the server crash.

A null point exception seems to mention Thermal expansion energy conduits and something about chunk loading.

PHP:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at thermalexpansion.energy.TileEnergyConduit.onChunkUnload(TileEnergyConduit.java:464)
    at xe.h(World.java:2045)
    at ie.h(WorldServer.java:463)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:649)
    at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)
    at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

We use the FTB Beta A pack, on which I have added Dynmap. I use a combination of Multicraft and FTP to manage the server.

A text file containing the console log and crash log is added to this post.

If it is indeed an energy conduit who can't load properly via chunk loading, how do I Identify which one(s) is problematic and get rid of it (maybe via a map editor) before I try to restart the server again?

Thanks,
- Grey

Attachments

• crash-2012-12-17_02.29.17-server.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 81

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody else had this problem before, or has tips on how to detect where in the map the offending object/block would be?

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
I found a temporary fix. Updated Thermal Expansion to 2.0.6 (the Beta A pack uses 2.0.5) and the server can now start the map without crashing.

This is a stop gap fix however, since users will have to manually update to 2.0.6 until the next version of the mod pack comes in. (hopefully soonish?)

Could I suggest that the Beta A pack updates Thermal Expansion to 2.0.6 until the official version of the Ultimate packs gets out? Probably couldn't hurt, as 2.0.6 is the official version for minecraft 1.4.2 anyway

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
I have now been getting exact same problem on my server, I have just removed the mod now until it's stable as my server was down for almost 2 days while i figured it out.
It seems to have removed tin, copper and lead ores to even the ones in other mods. some of my players are not very happy they can't play TE so i would love to add it back in.
i could just use an updated version but i don't see my players manually adding it just to join my server.