Solved Thermal Expansion 70,000+ u/s cause TPS drop, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
:( it conflicts with the portal gun mod. PG command is taken :S suggest changing command to /darva since i'm sure that's not taken :)

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL. I did not know any other mod used /pg. No, there is no other command as yet. I will make a quick update, and at /pgobbler as a command alias.

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
ok, My server has been running for 30 minutes, TPS at 19.2

ThermalExpansion Grid Tick Handler - 604ms timings

Il review after an hour to two and see how were looking

Thanks

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, With the automatic output, is there anything displayed on console?

Ive been looking however cannot see anything

Thanks

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there is output after every automatic cycle. It should look like:

Code:
2014-04-30 16:36:25 [INFO] [pGobbler] Auto Scan
2014-04-30 16:36:25 [INFO] [pGobbler] 0 stuffed itemstacks destroyed.
2014-04-30 16:36:25 [INFO] [pGobbler] 0 traveling itemstacks destroyed.

By default tho, it doesn't do automatic scans, unless you start them the first time with "/pgobbler auto 10 1" or some other permutation. From then on, it'll start automatically.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
@Darva
Unfortunately this didn't work. Logged in this morning found server at 10TPS. Ran warm roast, verified it was the item conduits again. Ran the plugin and got zero results. I can only assume that at this point, some other mod is using the conduit API, if one does exist....

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this was mainly designed to fix a particular interaction in Ag Skies, with the crucible and item ducts. I'm sorry it didn't help you. I have to wonder where all your time is getting eaten up specifically though, have you tried using an actual Java profiler on your server?

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
@Darva
No problem, at this point I'd try anything. View my post on the github issue report, it has information from the java profiler warmroast. According to the profiler, it's conduit.item that's the problem. But again, I've verified that there are not ducts in anyone's home.

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
The particular function that's eating all the time is the function that handles input and output from a grid of *ducts They don't have to be itemducts, they could be fluid ducts, or energy conduits. All of the various Ducts are handled in the same place.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
More information has been posted on the github than here, please review it there. Fortunately I will be updating my CoFH Core and TE mods manually to see if this fixes the issue.

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
bloodmc commented 10 minutes ago
@JayWood
I dealt with this issue with Cloudy's server awhile back and it was caused by the exact same trace as you posted. TE provided a patch and they have been fine ever since. I have no idea why FTB is still running an old release but if you update to the latest you should be fine. If not, please report back and I'll look into it.

It was a private patch for them until KL had time to release a new version which he did. I don't remember what version it was for but it was definitely 3.0.0.2 or earlier.

We will need to get speaking to someone higher up to see if we can get TW 3.0.0.2 or later setup to fix the lag issues. Anyone know a good way to get in contact with them?

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I think @Jadedcat would be the one to talk to. Especially seeing as she's posted in this thread aswell. Like I said in the Github post though, I'm going to see what goes on without the TE LP compatibility enabled. If this doesn't work, we'll be manually updating the server's Thermal Expansion and CoFH Core to the latest builds and I will report from there.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
It takes time to update modpacks. All of the modpacks should have the 3.0.0.6 version by next week.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I've posted an update on the Github thread, people may want to look there for my new findings. Long story short, I removed TE compatibility from Logistics Pipes and removed a remote orderer from an enderchest. TPS is now hovering around 20, lowest it's been in 7 hours is 17.8

This is still an issue though, but I'll wait for the update.

Solice2o0

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the input guys and gals. I've logged in today to see the TPS at just 15, while this isn't nowhere near the crappy TPS I was getting, it's still under 20, and the perfectionist in me wants to make sure I've removed all conduits and ducts from TE. However, I've found a flaw in Hawkeye, 200+ pages of duct/conduit activity.... I'm really not going to go through all that page by page. So i logged into ssh and figured I would share a little code snippet for you guys. What I'm doing instead is getting a list of players who have logged in since the last log rotation, seeing as I manually rotate my logs every two weeks, this will give me an idea of who's homes were loaded and where I should look for conduits and ducts.

Here's the command, note you will need to have terminal access and this command is specific to a unix/linux environment, not minecraft:
Code:
cat server.log | grep logged | awk '{print $4}' | cut -d '[' -f 1 | sort | uniq

What this does is read your server.log file (change as needed) and prints out a list of users without duplicates that have logged in, which is logged by the file.

What I've done thus far, breaking pipes etc, has proved that it's working, and I assume I've left a few untouched, by looking at my list of users, I know I have. So time to teleport and clear some pipes. Oh WorldEdit, if ducts/conduits weren't an invalid block type... I'd love it even more. I'll post more status tomorrow.

Currently the GTH (Grid Tick Handler) for TE is clocking at ~24,000 updates a second, hopefully tomorrow it will be even less. Regardless, it's way better than ~75,000....

Try typing "//removenear 1260" ;)

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
@Solice2o0
Already did that, read the github issue post. Didn't solve the problem despite I verified myself that WorldEdit would actually remove them. It seems, at this point, that my issue was related directly to Logistics Pipes using the 'Tesseract' API from Thermal Expansion. Just one user on my server used a setup for logistics pipes to allow infinite range on his ME system. Read the full github issue postings for full details and research. I really don't feel like typing it again lol, just anxious for next week :)

Edit: Seeing as the tesseracts API seemingly used the tickEnd() method from the TE code, which was being used by LP, and as that was a serious update, I can only assume that this will be fixed in the newest version > 3.0.0.2, just FYI for those reading this from here out.

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Direwolf updated today to 1.0.22 with 3.0.0.6 version of TE

I have let this run for 2 hours, and tps has stayed above 19.7 which is great! Hope this is TE fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.