There is a mod that should be taken in consideration

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you like to see Thaumic Reliquary with Xeno's reliquary in future packs?

• Total voters

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
"Came out of his shell"?
I'm not even going to ask.
Anyhow, I think it is a good idea, though Thaumcraft seems to be the mod with the most addons; so would adding another one really help?
Judging by your poll, that cookie option was very intriguing..

Also, being forced to have Reliquary to go with the Thaumcraft add-on. Not that don't enjoy Reliquary, but the less mods you're forced to have in a pack the better. To be honest, i've had a rather lackluster experience with mods like this. There's also a similar mod that mixes IC2 with Thuamcraft to very boring ends. A chainsaw that does everything that my Axe of the stream does, but costs energy? No thanks, i've got repair. I've yet to see one of these mods that add something that's really worth having.

So, I typed all that without even looking at the thread. Decided not to jump the gun and looked at the thread... bad idea. Does it even add anything? I kind of feel bad for comparing it to Electro-Magic Tools.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Also, being forced to have Reliquary to go with the Thaumcraft add-on. Not that don't enjoy Reliquary, but the less mods you're forced to have in a pack the better. To be honest, i've had a rather lackluster experience with mods like this. There's also a similar mod that mixes IC2 with Thuamcraft to very boring ends. A chainsaw that does everything that my Axe of the stream does, but costs energy? No thanks, i've got repair. I've yet to see one of these mods that add something that's really worth having.

So, I typed all that without even looking at the thread. Decided not to jump the gun and looked at the thread... bad idea. Does it even add anything? I kind of feel bad for comparing it to Electro-Magic Tools.
Honestly I love thaumcraft, and this just makes it feel like the world is more tightly bound together

Reactions: RealSketch

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
Also, being forced to have eliquary to go with the Thaumcraft add-on. Not that don't enjoy Reliquary, but the less mods you're forced to have in a pack the better. To be honest, i've had a rather lackluster experience with mods like this. There's also a similar mod that mixes IC2 with Thuamcraft to very boring ends. A chainsaw that does everything that my Axe of the stream does, but costs energy? No thanks, i've got repair. I've yet to see one of these mods that add something that's really worth having.

A chainsaw that does everything that my Axe of the stream does, but costs energy?
Isn't that the point of what a chainsaw does? It does the same as an axe, but costs energy. I just decided to take that to the axe of the Stream. And if you got stuck on that Chainsaw of the Stream, I'd just like you to take a quick new peek at the mod, because the release adding this was around 4 or 5 releases ago. A bunch of new stuff has been added since.

Now I just want to tell, that I make that mod for me primarily, and if others use it very well. If they don't, well... their problem. Now if you have some constructive reviews, I'll gladly hear them, and even consider them. But "I already have this" or "This has no point" isn't a constructive review.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I love thaumcraft, and this just makes it feel like the world is more tightly bound together
Twas flaxbears intent. Though I do agree the ic2 tools.. It's just a mod that hooks two mods together for the sake of it... all it has going for it are the goggles. Thaumic reliquary was a mod more for the purpose of bringing a magic mod that didn't have a magical mean of crafting into it. Even then Thaumic reliquarry isn't forced. Players can change the config for themselves and craft it in a vanilla fashion. That is it's real beauty.. It's a conversion mod that respect other players views.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Flaxbeard

Jul 29, 2019
lurks

The opt-out function broke on me, so that was unfortunate, but hopefully it doesn't cause too much trouble. None of the research is horribly difficult and it's compensated with a bit cheaper costs material-wise as a trade off for using essentia.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
lurks

The opt-out function broke on me, so that was unfortunate, but hopefully it doesn't cause too much trouble. None of the research is horribly difficult and it's compensated with a bit cheaper costs material-wise as a trade off for using essentia.
that's a bit disheartening, but atleast you tried, and I do appreciate it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
It's in TPPI and I can say it gives Reliquary a real sense of belonging and balance. I feel some other mods would benefit from this too (namely Blood Magic).

Reactions: wolfsilver00

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Aside from the gun thingy I haven't really done anything with reliquary. Maybe tying it into thaumcraft somehow would incentivise me to check it out more.

Reactions: wolfsilver00

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
It's in TPPI and I can say it gives Reliquary a real sense of belonging and balance. I feel some other mods would benefit from this too (namely Blood Magic).
Blood magic already has it's own system.. It doesn't need to be tied into thaumcraft... Reliquary popped into flaxy's head realizing all it's items were magical items that were simple crafting recipes. Thaumcrafts fun, and I love it to death.. And for magical mods that hinge on vanilla crafting recipes, i'm down for it. But when it comes to blood magic, That's where the line should be drawn. It has it's own unique system and progression system.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic already has it's own system.. It doesn't need to be tied into thaumcraft... Reliquary popped into flaxy's head realizing all it's items were magical items that were simple crafting recipes. Thaumcrafts fun, and I love it to death.. And for magical mods that hinge on vanilla crafting recipes, i'm down for it. But when it comes to blood magic, That's where the line should be drawn. It has it's own unique system and progression system.

I feel it's progression would feel much more natural with the addition of Thaumcraft research, crafting and spells.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
A chainsaw that does everything that my Axe of the stream does, but costs energy?
Isn't that the point of what a chainsaw does? It does the same as an axe, but costs energy. I just decided to take that to the axe of the Stream. And if you got stuck on that Chainsaw of the Stream, I'd just like you to take a quick new peek at the mod, because the release adding this was around 4 or 5 releases ago. A bunch of new stuff has been added since.

Now I just want to tell, that I make that mod for me primarily, and if others use it very well. If they don't, well... their problem. Now if you have some constructive reviews, I'll gladly hear them, and even consider them. But "I already have this" or "This has no point" isn't a constructive review.
So, I'll openly admit that i'm very biased against anything IC2 related as of now. The 1.6 update came as a slap in the face to me with everything being more gregtech that it used to be while not offering anything that actually expands the capabilities of the mod. It was more of an all around nerfing of the mod rather than an update. Let's face it, early game IC2 isn't very early game minecraft anymore. Thaumcraft however, doesn't require much to get up to the axe of the stream and i can get the research for it within an hour of starting the mod. If we were talking about 1.4/1.5 IC2 recipies for the drill and chainsaw, then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

And now, for the sake of ending this fairly off topic portion of discussion, I'll end this post with somewhat of an apology. While I still stand by my comment about the Axe of the Stream Chainsaw, I will admit that it and the electric Hoe of Growth are the only parts of the mod that I don't find interesting. I went in a test world to play with the few parts of the mod that i hadn't played with as of yet, due from my unwillingness to use IC2 or to a lack of me updating my modpack. I found quite a few things that I did enjoy greatly. For the record:
I kind of feel bad for comparing it to Electro-Magic Tools.

Though i wish to continue the discussion on Electro-Magic Tools, it will not be in this thread.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019

What are you talking about? This is not a thaumcraft add-on, its a reliquary add-on that integrates it with thaumcraft... Also reliquary is alraedy in most packs.. No, it doesn't add anything, just modifies reliquary to have a thaumcraft tree, which makes it more interesting and balanced.

@Pokefenn coming from a mod developer selecting the thaumfanboy option.. LoL.. Any good reason you voted that? A mod developer is the last person i thought would choose that option.

For the IC2 thing and stuff, please don't off-topic this one, this mod's intention is really different, it only add's an integration that gives reliquary more meaning and progression and makes it more fun, as pointed out somewhere on this post, it even gives the option for player to use the preferred method of crafting if its allowed in the server, so yeah..[DOUBLEPOST=1398134848][/DOUBLEPOST]And.. the shroomer account.. wow.. I call secondary account just for the sake of trolling on that one.[DOUBLEPOST=1398134972][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Came out of his shell"?
I'm not even going to ask.
Anyhow, I think it is a good idea, though Thaumcraft seems to be the mod with the most addons; so would adding another one really help?
Judging by your poll, that cookie option was very intriguing...

The cookie option was meant for people who would like to see more content in the mod itself before adding it.. The mod gives you a cookie, then you accept the mod :p also, this is not a thaumcraft add-on, this is a thaumcraft support for Reliquary mod.. Is not meant to be used by thaumcraft players but Xeno's reliquarys instead.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
TPPI? Whats that?
TesPackPleaseIgnore, it is /r/FeedTheBeast's modpack. Code: MegaSharkPunch in the launcher. It is basically 1.6.4 Ultimate (GT is like it was in Ultimate) and some other stuff. Has custom ore gen and its own little mod made formthe pack. Not as resource intensive as monster, but is resource intensive nontheless.