There is a mod that should be taken in consideration

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you like to see Thaumic Reliquary with Xeno's reliquary in future packs?

• Total voters

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
The reason i choose that, is because I think Thaumic Reliquary is a mod that should only be used on packs that are FOCUSED on Thaumcraft, not just throwing it in there for no apparent reason.
That is the reason why the opt in/out exists, but still.
Just because I am a mod developer doesn't mean I am not allowed opinions, and for them to not agree with others :)

I meant that is weird for a mod developer to select an aggresive option like the one that has "Fan boy" in it. They usually tend to be a little more respectfull, tbh i put that option just so i could ignore the trolls that selected it and started mayhem, but you did surprised me.

And for apparent reason: Xeno's reliquary has no progression and is a bit overpowered, giving it thaumcraft progression would make sure that people finally learn how to use it and what its features are while also balancing a bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1398180011][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't use Forbidden Magic. Is it in TPPI?

Use it, it's great! :p At least try it ^^ I dont know if its in TPPI though.

That would kind of ruin (one of) the point(s) of Forbidden Magic, though.
Here you have this integration mod, to integrate one thing to itself. What.

Why you think so? Xeno's reliquary is different from forbidden magic, and they coexist pretty nicely (I have both of them in my custom)
And what you mean to integrate one thing to itself?[DOUBLEPOST=1398180150][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just my 2c, BM would be awesome if it used TC RESEARCH, but nit crafting

Mmmm, even though I like thaumcraft, Blood Magic would be where i draw the line, it has its own progression and unique points, turning it into thaumcraft system would be a clear loss, not a win.. What I would like to see instead is an add-on for compatibility, being able to use thaumcraft essence tubes and flasks to transport and store LP is something that I would really love..

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I meant that is weird for a mod developer to select an aggresive option like the one that has "Fan boy" in it. They usually tend to be a little more respectfull, tbh i put that option just so i could ignore the trolls that selected it and started mayhem, but you did surprised me.

And for apparent reason: Xeno's reliquary has no progression and is a bit overpowered, giving it thaumcraft progression would make sure that people finally learn how to use it and what its features are while also balancing a bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1398180011][/DOUBLEPOST]

Use it, it's great! :p At least try it ^^ I dont know if its in TPPI though.

Why you think so? Xeno's reliquary is different from forbidden magic, and they coexist pretty nicely (I have both of them in my custom)
And what you mean to integrate one thing to itself?[DOUBLEPOST=1398180150][/DOUBLEPOST]

Mmmm, even though I like thaumcraft, Blood Magic would be where i draw the line, it has its own progression and unique points, turning it into thaumcraft system would be a clear loss, not a win.. What I would like to see instead is an add-on for compatibility, being able to use thaumcraft essence tubes and flasks to transport and store LP is something that I would really love..
The only reason I want research is an excuse for my Thaumonomonomonomicon to containt (puns!) the instructions for the mod :p
Namely the altar construction (well, I actually never get a weak blood orb because the 2 world i played with BM severely lacked diamonds)[DOUBLEPOST=1398181470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly, I am getting kinda scared of Thaumcraft overtaking the mod market. Everyone seems to concentrate on it, which leads to bazillions of addons.
image.jpg

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
And what you mean to integrate one thing to itself?
I meant that making Blood Magic stuff need TC research would make FM kind of weird, since one of its functions is bridging two different types of magic together.
While I find the idea behind Thaumic Reliquary interesting, I really wouldn't want to see any magic mods need TC research before you can get started. I mean, Reliquary adds some magical items which you can craft, while everything else adds magical... concepts? Systems? There isn't (or there shouldn't be) only one type of magic out there.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
A chainsaw that does everything that my Axe of the stream does, but costs energy?
Isn't that the point of what a chainsaw does? It does the same as an axe, but costs energy. I just decided to take that to the axe of the Stream. And if you got stuck on that Chainsaw of the Stream, I'd just like you to take a quick new peek at the mod, because the release adding this was around 4 or 5 releases ago. A bunch of new stuff has been added since.

Now I just want to tell, that I make that mod for me primarily, and if others use it very well. If they don't, well... their problem. Now if you have some constructive reviews, I'll gladly hear them, and even consider them. But "I already have this" or "This has no point" isn't a constructive review.
I personally like EMT. Bonds all my mods closer together. Also, THAUMIC RELIQUARY FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Blood magic's progression seems weird and unintuitive to me. Might be an improvement.

Reactions: Mevansuto

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
It's in TPPI and I can say it gives Reliquary a real sense of belonging and balance. I feel some other mods would benefit from this too (namely Blood Magic).
See Forbidden Magic. It has a wee bit of BM integration and if you use TT KAMI with it you get a tiny bit more integration (A higher tier blood orb.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic's progression seems weird and unintuitive to me. Might be an improvement.

MMm, well, I will not deny that blood magic progression isn't as intuitive as I would like, but still, it's a completely different mod.. Maybe an add-on to give research support for thaumcraft would be acceptable, for the ones who want to use it as a tutorial.. But, at least in my opinion, blood magic and thaumcraft should be completely separate mods, as their mechanics are completely different and blood magic (intuitive or not) has its own progression system, while Xeno's reliquary lacks it completely (also lacks interesting / balanced recipes) and could use some thaumcraft help.[DOUBLEPOST=1398356465][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, @Eyamaz we are winning here :p mind to take a look?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
MMm, well, I will not deny that blood magic progression isn't as intuitive as I would like, but still, it's a completely different mod.. Maybe an add-on to give research support for thaumcraft would be acceptable, for the ones who want to use it as a tutorial.. But, at least in my opinion, blood magic and thaumcraft should be completely separate mods, as their mechanics are completely different and blood magic (intuitive or not) has its own progression system, while Xeno's reliquary lacks it completely (also lacks interesting / balanced recipes) and could use some thaumcraft help.[DOUBLEPOST=1398356465][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, @Eyamaz we are winning here :p mind to take a look?

And the award for Most Insistent Mod Request Thread goes to...

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
And the award for Most Insistent Mod Request Thread goes to...

So i'm not supposed to even reply to my own thread? It's not insistence, it's consistence, I have an idea and I'd like to see my ideas through, be it a Yes or a No or a Maybe.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really see much mod suggestions to be honest.. and, is it wrong to directly message him? There may be a rule that I do not know of, so thats why I ask.
Not really a rule, but it (to me) seems kinda rude. Its like entering a house without knocking first. Especially 'public figures' get their fair share of pm's. If it can be handled in public, why pm?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a rule, but it (to me) seems kinda rude. Its like entering a house without knocking first. Especially 'public figures' get their fair share of pm's. If it can be handled in public, why pm?

So basically you are telling me to not tag him here publicly because it seems kind of rude, but in the same sentence you are saying that if something can be handled publicly why pm him?

Are you trolling or just lacking a logical argument?
I didnt even see a PM...

That can't be left like that, im sending you a PM right now.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
So basically you are telling me to not tag him here publicly because it seems kind of rude, but in the same sentence you are saying that if something can be handled publicly why pm him?

Are you trolling or just lacking a logical argument?

That can't be left like that, im sending you a PM right now.
No just about pming. :)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok.
That makes much more sense.
Not like PM being private messaging has been used for a decade...

Pm: private message, no other way around, he is just trolling :p dont worry slow![DOUBLEPOST=1398460135][/DOUBLEPOST]JadedCat voted a lot, now im happy *-* This thread has been seen by a pack developer so my mission is completed :3 Unfollowing :3