There a faster way to create distilled water with IC2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I have 6 solar distillers going and it is still slow going. 10 minutes and still not 1 bucket yet. Sadly no overclocker upgrades can't go in them.

Just looking to make some coolant for my reactor, and for making overclocker upgrades more efficiently. Are the condenser's more efficient, and faster?

Any clues?

Using DW's pack, v 1.0.3

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
electric heater + coils (10 EU/t per coil, up to 10)
place steam generator next to electric heater (make sure the electric heater face with the output is facing the steam generator)
keep steam generator fed with water
place condenser next to steam generator

put a fluid ejecter upgrade in the condenser to get the distilled water into an adjacent canner. heat vents (up to 4, 2 EU/t each) make the condenser work faster. the steam generator is a bit of a mystery. I maxed both heat and water input when making a large batch of coolant cells.

Make sure to take the coils out of the electric heater when you're done or else the steam generator will explode (haven't found a way to control the heat generator otherwise).

compwiz91

Nov 19, 2012
Somersworth, New Hampshire
Has anyone noticed once the Steam Generator exceeds 100C it starts making steam but then drops back down below 100C heats up, makes steam, drops back down over and over again. It seems unable to heat up while producing steam...

This is causing water to flow out of the system. Even with 100heat incomming and only trying to use 1 mb/tick of water it stops accepting heat when it generates steam causign the agravating loops.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can't you do distilled water in the solid/fluid canning machine with water and lapis dust?

Its a magic recipe in that its not in NEI, but I use it to make coolant cells. If I'm thinking of the right thing.

Reactions: mattp_12

compwiz91

Nov 19, 2012
Somersworth, New Hampshire
distilled water simply reduces the amount of lapis dust to 1 instead of 8. Also i figured out the steam issue.

Just run the Steam Generator at 22 Bars pressure and input 110 heat per tick and it will make steam constantly. It needs to be matched perfectly in order to work correctly.

The stack i have is,
Empty Space Empty Space Canning Machine
Empty Space Condenser Wooden fluid Pipe
Electric Heat Gen. Steam Generator Electric Heat Generator

One Heat gen should be 60 heat per tick the other should be 50.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you do distilled water in the solid/fluid canning machine with water and lapis dust?

Its a magic recipe in that its not in NEI, but I use it to make coolant cells. If I'm thinking of the right thing.
IIRC, you can make it like that.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I built a stack - 64 - of solar distillers, and the amount of distilled water coming from them is awesome. Much better than my previous method of using Lava and Heat Exchangers and Condensers and all that bull. They require no power and as long as you can build a whole bunch of them, they're quite sufficient to keep making those coolant cells for the Overclocker Upgrades. I've made thousands of cells for thousands of upgrades, I have 224 Recyclers going to make scrap boxes for my 64 Mass Fabs, each Recycler has 8 Overclockers. That's a lot of Coolant Cells. LOL

Using 1 lapis dust (with distilled water) instead of 8 (with normal water) to make the coolant cells is definitely worth the effort IMO.

Now I think I'm thinking of coolant, not distilled water, crap.

IC2 Coolant is the only reason you'd be making distilled water, so basically they're one and the same thing. You're really not off base at all. You're also right about the IC2 coolant recipe not being in NEI (in Infinity modpack), I pulled my hair out for a while until I figured it out via the IC2 wiki.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I built a stack - 64 - of solar distillers, and the amount of distilled water coming from them is awesome. Much better than my previous method of using Lava and Heat Exchangers and Condensers and all that bull. They require no power and as long as you can build a whole bunch of them, they're quite sufficient to keep making those coolant cells for the Overclocker Upgrades. I've made thousands of cells for thousands of upgrades, I have 224 Recyclers going to make scrap boxes for my 64 Mass Fabs, each Recycler has 8 Overclockers. That's a lot of Coolant Cells. LOL

Using 1 lapis dust (with distilled water) instead of 8 (with normal water) to make the coolant cells is definitely worth the effort IMO.

IC2 Coolant is the only reason you'd be making distilled water, so basically they're one and the same thing. You're really not off base at all. You're also right about the IC2 coolant recipe not being in NEI (in Infinity modpack), I pulled my hair out for a while until I figured it out via the IC2 wiki.
No sir, you're only half-correct here. You're right that it's the reason I'm making coolant cells, but in my case I have GT machines which make coolant distilled water at the flip of a button. Unless the op is using GT, that doesn't help (its not one in the same)

Last edited:

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
You could just go into nether and mine the lapis there. 1 Nether Lapis Ore -> pulverizer -> 24 Lapis DUST = 3 buckets of coolant. No macerator even needed. But on a side note distilled water makes great decoration and Distill Water Florbs place them in nether.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No sir, you're only half-correct here. You're right that it's the reason I'm making coolant cells, but in my case I have GT machines which make coolant at the flip of a button. Unless the op is using GT, that doesn't help (its not one in the same)

Yeah, all bets are off when GregTech gets involved. :)