Them HUGE redwood trees?

MAlgol

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to plant one of them? I've found out how to grow the smaller once with with a 5 block radius but i want the huge 15 block trees.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes. I believe you need to get 7x7 worth of saplings, and wait days (real time) for a chance of it to grow.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I believe you need to get 7x7 worth of saplings, and wait days (real time) for a chance of it to grow.
Correct on the 7x7 grid of saplings, but they don't take long to grow now. Last one we tried took about 10 minutes real time.

MAlgol

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've tried the 7x7 sapling but all i get is one of the small trees or do they grow larger later on?

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've tried the 7x7 sapling but all i get is one of the small trees or do they grow larger later on?
Sounds like you may be using the wrong sapling. You need to get the saplings by breaking leaves on the huge trees. The smaller redwood trees from BOP only use a 3x3 grid of saplings.

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019

Well this might be a bug, but you only need 1 sapling. I usually clear a 7x7 flat area also, but not sure if it's needed. Anyway I had a tree grow anywhere from mins to an hour after I planted it.

Case in point. My HiddenValley Town
GDS3LjG.png

Reactions: SatanicSanta

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
What pack and version? If it's that easy I will shortly be embarking on a redwood hunt.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I think the really gigantic ones is from BoP? They have a chance to spawn from Sakura Cherry saplings. I've got quite a few bases that got wrecked from this mutant.

MAlgol

Jul 29, 2019
I think the really gigantic ones is from BoP? They have a chance to spawn from Sakura Cherry saplings. I've got quite a few bases that got wrecked from this mutant.
Cant find any Sakura Cherry saplings only Sakura saplings (3256:3). Are they the same?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yes the sakura sapling is the correct. They have pink leaves with white-ish planks.

Also I've had the best luck planting the saplings(Sakura or redwood) in a 7x7 L-shape. Sometimes I don't even finish the L before the tree grows. I've died a few times that way.

MAlgol

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the sakura sapling is the correct. They have pink leaves with white-ish planks.

Also I've had the best luck planting the saplings(Sakura or redwood) in a 7x7 L-shape. Sometimes I don't even finish the L before the tree grows. I've died a few times that way.
Hmm.. I'm having no luck. =(
L-shaped 7x7 ?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So, like this but much more violent?

Sorta but uh; there's nothing left behind. That 5x5 sakura MFR tree farm you had? The whole thing vanished. Not some of it. Not some pipes or blocks gone. It's all gone.

Hmm.. I'm having no luck. =(
L-shaped 7x7 ?

Yeah that's what I usually have the best luck with. If you're using sakura you'll probably need to cut down a few sakura trees since they grow extraordinarily fast. Bring a timber axe or dartcraft axe.

Reactions: PierceSG

MAlgol

Jul 29, 2019
My pack and version is Direwol20 1.5.2
The tree is here, i have seen it but it's rare, very rare.

The first time i loaded up Minecraft a few days ago i saw two of them next to each other but after that test I've only seen one after a long time flying around looking for them.[DOUBLEPOST=1383963131][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah that's what I usually have the best luck with. If you're using sakura you'll probably need to cut down a few sakura trees since they grow extraordinarily fast. Bring a timber axe or dartcraft axe.
But what does an L-shaped 7x7 looks like?
Something like this?

xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx[DOUBLEPOST=1383963193][/DOUBLEPOST]And damn, I like the funktions on this board, merging Threads and what not. =)

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
My pack and version is Direwol20 1.5.2
The tree is here, i have seen it but it's rare, very rare.

The first time i loaded up Minecraft a few days ago i saw two of them next to each other but after that test I've only seen one after a long time flying around looking for them.[DOUBLEPOST=1383963131][/DOUBLEPOST]
But what does an L-shaped 7x7 looks like?
Something like this?

xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx[DOUBLEPOST=1383963193][/DOUBLEPOST]And damn, I like the funktions on this board, merging Threads and what not. =)

I just wish the DOUBLEPOST tag worked on Tapatalk. I end up just seeing it as a big ugly tag everywhere.

Posted on my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I think Hoff might be seeing the same redwood as I did. It is the one with the corewood and bark. Where the core wood can be crafted into planks, the bark can't and can only be cooked into charcoal and/or made into a secret door via another mod which it's name escapes my mind.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this impacts anyone, but I DON'T believe the trees pictured in thaile4ever's post are from BOP. I have run across one in a world that did not have BOP enabled.
I am fairly confident that they are from Natura.

Anyway, carry on...

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
yes, those are natura redwood trees. so, to grow one of them, you need the sapling of this one. BOP or EBXL or forestry redwood saplings don't work (funny, if there are several redwood saplings, and one of them dwarfs the rest).