The Werewolves Return!!! [recruitment thread]

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
So, werewolf is pretty much my favorite forum/community game...and there hasn't been one in a while (last one I found was in December). I was gone for a few months due to real life and it makes me sad not to see any running werewolf games...so I figured I'd get us started off with just a simple one with normal rules!

For those who have never played werewolf...you can find the rules in the spoiler below.
For those who have played, read it anyway as the roles are included

Werewolf takes place in a series of turns, in repeating order of 1 night turn followed by 1 day turn...until we have a winner (or winners). For this instance of werewolf, nightfall is at midnight EST...if you have a power to use because of your role...you MUST have it to me by midnight EST.

During the day, all members of the game will discuss amongs themselves in the thread trying to figure out who the werewolves are (and other roles that are useful to the villagers survival). This is done in the thread and can be in private convos as well with people you "trust"...good luck with that.

Before nightfall, each person must vote to lynch someone. This vote must be in bold and can be changed, the most recent bolded vote always takes precedence. Those who do not vote before nightfall will be smited.

During the night, players in roles that have useable powers must send a list of 3 people they want to use them on (in case the 1st/2nd one in the list dies in the night, the 2nd/3rd will be used). These lists must be sent before nightfall. Daytime will begin again as soon as I (the GameMaster) posts the results from the nights turn.

Rules:
  1. The GameMaster is ALWAYS right. Arguing with the GameMaster in public means instant death. The GameMaster is in charge of the flow of the game, if you think they should handle something differently, do it via PM.
  2. You may talk to each other in separate convos if you wish, but you may not use screenshots of conversations from anyone else in order to try to "prove" who you are. You must do that through your cunning use of vocabulary. I can not enforce this rule...it is the honor system...and meant to increase the fun of the game.
  3. You may also not post screenshots of conversation into the thread. If you would like to "quote" someone...by all means do so...it's not like we'll believe you anyway.
  4. Roles will be revealed on death.
Roles:
  • Villager - you are just a boring villager, you have no special powers...your only job is to vote during the day and survive the night. You win if all werewolves are killed.
  • Werewolf - you are a beastly creature. Deceptive by day, cold blooded killer by night. You know who the other werewolves are and will choose one villager to kill during the night. You win as soon as your number is equal to (or you outnumber) the villagers.
  • Rabid Wolf - You are a werewolf, but may choose to infect another rather than kill. Beware, this ability only works on villagers with no other role...and can end badly should you choose the wrong person.
  • Lone Wolf - Normal werewolf with one twist...only wins if they are the only surviving werewolf.
  • Hunter - Is one of the villagers, but with a special power. When the Hunter dies they must choose one other person to fire their last arrow at...taking them out along with them selves.
  • Bodyguard - A member of the villagers, they may choose to protect one person during the night. They may not protect themselves, and they may not protect the same person twice in a row. Should the person they choose to protect get attacked, they will die in their place.
  • Seer - A member of the villagers. The Seer can look at one person each night and see what their allegiance is.
  • Drunken Seer - exactly the same as the Seer, except only has a 60% change to get the correct reading. The drunken seer is adamant that they are not a drinker however...and so they believe they are in fact just a normal sober seer.
  • Mayor - The leader of the village, in the case of a tie the mayer must choose who is lynched. Beware...this is an extra role and can also be any other role.
  • Witch - A villager that carries two secret potions. One can kill anyone during the night and one can resurrect anyone during the night, only one can be used per night. Each potion may only be used once.
Please note: Not all roles will be used in each game...these are just the possible roles that could be in use.

We will need a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 players. Game starts 2 days after we get 10 signups or when 20 people have signed up...whichever happens first. A new thread will be started for the actual game once it starts.

Signups:
  1. dwappo
  2. Not_Steve
  3. Strikingwolf
  4. goreae
  5. Exedra
  6. the_j485
  7. dgdas9
  8. Qazplm601
  9. Kayla sharp
  10. Larmonade
  11. Jus2beast

Also, I'd love to get another chain of werewolf games with different themes/etc going like we had back in the day...I'm willing to organize that if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Not as many sign-ups as I was hoping for already...where's all my old peeps!!!

And added Strikingwolf :D

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to get one started on NTF, didn't really work out IDK. I guess we'll go here.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm missing something, or I'm slow..what's NTF?

Staxed! You're back! Whatever happened to halfeatentoast?

And of course, I'm in.

Life happened...was pretty much away from everything for a few months while life kicked me in the face and stomped on the left overs...but I'm back :D

All of you are added :D

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I'm missing something, or I'm slow..what's NTF?

Life happened...was pretty much away from everything for a few months while life kicked me in the face and stomped on the left overs...but I'm back :D

All of you are added :D
The NTF stands for the No Topic Forum. You may remember the No Topic Thread, may it rest in peace, and, well, that got shut down because, apparently, it was too hard to moderate it. In response to this, Exedra made the NTF, to allow all of us NTTers, and a couple more, to still do what we used to do on the NTT, namely general discussion, although we have expanded a little on that, now with a totally-secret NTTer-only section, a general discussion section, and a section for forum games, although that's only used for the new institution roleplay, which used to happen here before it all went to shit.

I believe the link is in Goreae's signature, pop on and give us a visit :D