The village construction/mayor challenge!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
For a long time, modded minecraft was boring for me. Just the same progress over and over and over. So I came up with this challenge, The villager construction/mayor challenge! The reason I say "construction/mayor" is because it goes by those two names.

Rules:
1. You must find an already existing village. You cannot progress in magic or tech at all until you find a village.
2. Once you find the village, you must pledge to protect it and live in it forever. Try as fast as you can to make a bed
2a. Do not kill a villager or allow one to get harmed.
2b. Do not destroy an already existing building, but you can renovate them.
3. You must always be in sight of your village. If you want to go farther, you must expand your village in the correct direction
4. DIMENSIONAL TRAVEL
4a. If you go to the nether, you must build a settlement there and push villagers from your overworld village into the nether. You must protect them from harm. Also, you must make it nether themed and must never leave sight of the village. Good luck finding a stronghold.
4b. If you go to the end, you must build a settlement there and push villagers from your overworld village into the end. You must immediately start building a settlement and then you must protect it from the ender dragon. I would not recommend hardcore ender expansion unless you want a challenge. Also you must make it ender themed and never leave sight of the village.
4c. If you go to the deep dark, you must build a settlement there and push villagers from your overworld village into the nether. You must protect them from harm. You must light up everything in your village ASAP. Also, you must make it deep dark themed and never leave sight of your village.
4d. If you enter any other dimension, the same rules apply above. Thaumcraft's great beyond, etc.
4e. If you create a dimension using RFTools or Mystcraft, or enter one of Nevermine 2: Advent of Ascension's dimensions, the same rules apply, but there are no restrictions on magic or tech.
5. TECH RESTRICTIONS
5a. No quarry's in the overworld, nether, or end. Only you can quarry in the deep dark, or created dimensions.
5b. No nuclear energy must be used in the overworld. In any other dimension it is allowed.
5c. All draconic evolution multiblock structures must be built in the end.
5d. All other tech is allowed, in all dimensions.
6. MAGIC RESTRICTIONS
6a. Only aura cascade and botania is allowed in the overworld
6b. Blood magic is restricted to the nether
6c. Thaumaturgy is restricted to the end.
6d. Dark, warp, and taint thaumaturgy is restricted to the deep dark.
6e. All other dimensions are free to use any magic they want.
6f. Any other magic mod I have not listed here is free to use anywhere.
6g. Witchery is allowed everywhere but the overworld.
7. MINING RESTRICTIONS
7a. If you go caving, you must always build mining communities with villagers underground, and realistic stairs before you go.
7b. If you go strip mining you must build 3x3 mineshafts with support beams, occasionally building mining settlements.
7c. Keep everything lighted up. No darkness is allowed underground.
7d. Mining restrictions apply to all dimensions
8. NATURE RESTRICTIONS
8a. All farms are allowed. Any magical way of getting resources through seeds is restricted to Witchery's Dream dimensions.
8b. Bees are allowed anywhere. Except for bees that require the end or the nether. They must stay in there appropriate dimensions. Magic bees must follow the same rules for magic.
9. Build, create, have fun. Keep villages to one set theme, like in the overworld you must make most houses out of wood or cobble.
That's it!
If you have questions, comments, or concerns. Please let me know.
Cheers,

Last edited:

wicked9090

Aug 30, 2015
This sounds really cool. But I'd need someone to do it with as my creativity level for buildings is low.

One question though, with the expanding the village, is it I can put one building right before the village goes out of sight and continue in a straight line that way, or have to build more of a settlement or expand the entire village with a bunch of buildings?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
hey I was wondering...
if I got a friend could he go mining and I stay at the village expanding?
Also, could I run 2 villages at time? Like one on nether and one on overworld, both having populations?

A modpack for this would be cool too

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to add a special rule for the Witchery Spirit world, since you can't transport other entities to it. I can't remember if villages will actually spawn in it, but if they do, maybe something along the lines of having to find a village in there ASAP? Though that is still a bit unfair when the main resource is going to require a bit of running around while nightmares actively work to kill you at the start.

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
hey I was wondering...
if I got a friend could he go mining and I stay at the village expanding?
Also, could I run 2 villages at time? Like one on nether and one on overworld, both having populations?

Yeah, you both could do something different at the same time. And about dimensions, you don't always have to be in the village. For instance, if you needed to go the nether and get something, you would stay in that village. but if you left the nether, you wouldn't have to visit the nether village until you have to go to the nether. And yes, you can and need to run multiple villages at a time, one for each dimension. About the modpack, if someone wants to make one they can. I want this to be as customizable as possible.

Might want to add a special rule for the Witchery Spirit world, since you can't transport other entities to it. I can't remember if villages will actually spawn in it, but if they do, maybe something along the lines of having to find a village in there ASAP? Though that is still a bit unfair when the main resource is going to require a bit of running around while nightmares actively work to kill you at the start.
I love your modpack BTW. After some thought, I think I should remove the needing of building a village in the spirit world, but keeping the magic seeds rule. Thanks for your feedback. =D

wicked9090

Aug 30, 2015
About the modpack, if someone wants to make one they can. I want this to be as customizable as possible.

If a modpack were made for this, I think adding a bunch of mods that add different types of villages around the world would work great, you could join them all up. Or have a mod that spawns a small beginning village right next to spawn in each new dimension, that would help with getting villagers to each dimension.

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, a story would be awesome though, because most of these ftb modpacks are boring cause they got no objective, they just throw all the mods at you and say "do something". Modpacks like regrowth and agrarian skies are awesome because there is a objective, and on my experience they were very fun to play.

So yeah quests and/or story will be awesome :D

Reactions: wicked9090

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
57943539.jpg

(you're using a woman photo anyway)

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Again, if anyone wants to make a modpack for this challenge, be my guest. Just try to keep with the spirit of the challenge. I have been known to flake while making modpacks and i dont have the time currently.
Sorry!