The Term end game and resource collection.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Some advice for making worlds last longer:
1. Do things a different way, typically the less efficient the better. AE solved all your storage needs? Cool, now remake your system with logistics pipes. Or Thermal Expansion. Or golems even! It's all about the process. That's why I'm happy RotaryCraft got added to Monster: I have no idea what I'm doing.
2. Large aesthetic builds. Not a builder? Work with a more design inclined player to integrate form and function. Dabble a little, even if you think you're bad at it. No one ever got better at something by avoiding it.
3. Challenges. Just want to gather a ton of resources? Fine, it is Feed the Beast after all. Set some ridiculous challenges. A steel tank full of every liquids you can think of. Make a system to display those ingots in block form and show off your wealth. Use ComputerCraft to make a giant inventory display.
4. Got it all? Start over at a new location in the same world. What you take with you is up to you. I'd suggest a jetpack for travel reasons though. Really, you're getting the same experience, but saving the other server members a reset.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Even if I wanted to I'm still far, far away from automining =P But to the best of my knowledge there aren't any laser drill equivalents in Horizons. I did get an igneous extruder set up, about 20 hours in when I found some cobble in a chest.

The gold is all from looting and oreberries, almost.

To my knowledge there is no equivalent to MFR's laser drill in ANY mod, let alone in the horizon's pack. If you want automated mass mining tho, what about the arcane bore from thaumcraft?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge there is no equivalent to MFR's laser drill in ANY mod, let alone in the horizon's pack. If you want automated mass mining tho, what about the arcane bore from thaumcraft?
I don't, really, but in any case I can't start TC, can't mine shards.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, can't shards be gotten from villagers/pechs?
Mmm, possibly. I haven't found a TC villager or a Pech yet, although I did finally track down a village with my airship. I certainly hope so, since transmutation may be my only hope for silver.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Your tracked down a village with your what... since when werr there airships

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is end game shouldnt be a reason to abandon your lovely world... it should give you the freedom to expand your world into anything you imagine...

I guess I like simulating creative mode as I dont have tons of time to go mine for a specific rare item and still build and enjoy what I have made...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
My "auto-mining" is bees. Binnie has been on hiatus a while, but ExtraTrees and ExtraBees still works in 1.6.4 .

I'm currently trying to figure out how to automate the TC4 Arcane Bore + Thaumic Restorer. It will probably involve CC turtles since the bore eventually needs to be moved.

It would be really cool if I could mount the Arcane Bore and its supporting apparatus on a cart. I'd then point it perpendicular to the track and very slowly move it forward using an SC2 Galgadorian Drill.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
By "drill", do you mean Arcane Bore ?

None that I've experienced so far. The Arcane Bore *does* chew through the durability of the pickaxe fairly quickly. It's too expensive to always put a brand-new pickaxe in it, especially one with enchants on its like silk touch, efficiency, unbreaking, luck, etc.,. so some form of repair like the Thaumic Restorer is recommended.

Also, the Arcane Bore works faster if it has some Perdito essence nearby. Note the Thaumic Restorer requires Perdito cobblestone contains Perdito, so it's not a bad idea to have an Arcane Furnace + Arcane Alembic nearby, automated to churn our Perdito essence. To automate the Arcane Furnace, you have to inject charcoal or similar fuel into the bottom face and cobblestone or whatever you're using for Perdito into any of the other faces.

Not a small/trivlal setup by any means and I haven't figured out a way to automate the repair of the pickaxe or the moving of the bore. CC Turtles are probably required, which breaks the whole "magic" immersion.

Hmm...maybe I can use a fill golem set to broken pickaxes only to repair the pickaxes, and another golem to take the repaired pickaxe and put it back into the Bore.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder. That would be a great idea to use golems but the question is will it work? I seem to be misinformed as I thought the arcane bore sucked aspects from the near by area.

As well as using turtles will defeat the purpose and y9u might as well just make the turtle mine in an excavator programme

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
As well as using turtles will defeat the purpose and y9u might as well just make the turtle mine in an excavator programme

Maybe you just felt like doing something different for a change. Logic like this kills originality in builds.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't require essence, but it works better with Perdito. Fortunately, Perdito is a dirt-cheap essence. Real PITA essences are ones like Sano and Vitium.

As for flux and aspects/vis from the nearby area, that's a TC3 concept. TC4 doesn't have any area-of-effect (chunk-wide) suckage or spillage anymore. The sucking up of magic is either from specific, targeted essences from the Arcane Furnace system (stored in jars, piped around in essentia tubes) or from specific aspects from targeted nodes using wands. Moving nodes in TC4 is far, far easier than in TC3. TC3 had a hokey technique, IMHO, of moving and combining nodes.

As for bad effects, that's all visible now and it's called 'taint'. It behaves like a liquid and I've seen it produced by man-made means using only either the Crucible (it's impossible to avoid taint for all but the most trivial of recipes) or only from the Infusion Altar when things go bad. I've never produced taint using other means, though I also haven't messed with the Infernal Furnace. The help text for that refers to 'Flux'. I'm thinking that's holdover text from TC3 and the TC4 version may not produce any negative effects.

In short :

Flux is from TC3 and is invisible. Taint is roughly the TC4 equivalent and is easy to see.
Vis is from TC3 and is invisible. Essences and Aspects are roughly the TC4 equivalents and are visible and specific.

Reactions: PierceSG

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
See I did not know this thank you... thats some very helpful information.

I guess I tend to think more with efficiency in mind rather that originality when doing things such as automated mining

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Efficiency is good thing, yes. The bad thing about efficiency in a sandbox game is it shortens the time to reach the end game. I'm not in any hurry.

That's not to say I enjoy tedium or grinding, though. Trying different mods than I've tried before and doing the same thing (ex. semi-automated resource gathering) a different way is how I have fun.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I can agree with you on that because right now im trying out the new mod Rotary craft which is completely beyond my understanding but I still try to run my current base with it

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The thing is end game shouldnt be a reason to abandon your lovely world... it should give you the freedom to expand your world into anything you imagine...

This is the main theory that is wrong. It should be a reason to abandon your world if reaching end game was your ultimate goal. If it wasn't your ultimate goal it isn't a reason to leave the world though.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I undersand your perspective and you know it costs nothing but time to start over.... hell ive swapped over many servers as i have slowly seen them go to ruin... I guess some people have more out going and unique goals which make them exceptional memorable players and others have more simplistic goals that they get satisfaction from personally...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, good servers where enough core people are playing as a community and building a world together as opposed to rushing to the end-game or worse - griefing others - require like-minded players and usually some form of daily, offline communication, like a website with a forum. Joining and being an active member in building a long-lasting world in said servers is not too dissimilar from being in an MMO guild.