The secret is out: FTB is really Technic!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Tactical-facepalm_o_122898.jpg

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
~_~ Although the private mod packs that technic/tekkit implemented smells awfully familiar. Hopefully no feathers are ruffled and it does nothing more but inspire greater solutions.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
~_~ Although the private mod packs that technic/tekkit implemented smells awfully familiar. Hopefully no feathers are ruffled and it does nothing more but inspire greater solutions.
Buddy, this has been gone over multiple times. I for one know that as a mod author, I'm going to be taking advantage of it to simplify the installation process for people using the technic launcher to literally 6 clicks. (FTB launcher would have it too, but I can't push updates to my mod on the fly using it, which is an issue if I have to push a bug fix for a game breaking bug.)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Well, it doesn't really matter, but we publicly announced the plan to have private packs back in December. The news article from technic wasn't till Jan 7.
It depends on how you look at it. We are just now getting the first few active private packs in the launcher, so technic did get it working first. But again, it really doesn't matter.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it just depends on what matters more, the planning or the implementation? Although I heartily disagree with everything about FTB's private packs, but whatever.

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not being negative, just trying to show that there are similarities and hope that it only has a chain-reaction of inspiration. Much how a lot of mods take the idea/concept of another and do it better. I don't care who did it first, just who did it better. Ford was the first to mass produce cars using an assembly line, they're far from the best ;-P

It is nice to have choices.

Buddy, this has been gone over multiple times. I for one know that as a mod author, I'm going to be taking advantage of it to simplify the installation process for people using the technic launcher to literally 6 clicks. (FTB launcher would have it too, but I can't push updates to my mod on the fly using it, which is an issue if I have to push a bug fix for a game breaking bug.)
[DOUBLEPOST=1360070393][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guess it just depends on what matters more, the planning or the implementation? Although I heartily disagree with everything about FTB's private packs, but whatever.

The same argument goes with redpower and computer-craft. Eloraam had talked about and started work on her computers which inspired CC and now we have two awesome ass in-game computers.

Anywho I guess the original theme of this thread was the equivalent of throwing a chair in a club.

tumblr_m3occdCgWO1rvoe4ho3_400.gif