the road to thaumcraft infusion automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
i saw a few threads ago a mention of somehow, someday...an automated infusion crafter.

i thought..challenge accepted.

im already good at automating the bejeezus out of crops and farms, and since infusion crafting requires all types of vis, which would mean a mana bean farm in the background. I already have a mana bean farm in place, and using a magic crop growing coal and leaf blocks (earth and water elemental crops) to feed an alchemical furnace to keep a few lamps of growth going

2014-06-05_16.57.39.png

2014-06-05_16.57.47.png

no golems in this garden...all done with mfr planters and harvesters. in case your wondering..mfr harvesters no longer support the option to leave jungle wood alone, so these are set to default 3x3 harvesting, and the wood stays outside the 3x3 range. when they harvest, 2 beans come out. one goes to the planter, the other to the ae system. not much of a choice which goes in, but at least 1 goes in to get replanted. 14 slots on the planter are filled with stone so only 2 slots stays open for beans.

the ae system is setup to autocraft coal and leaf blocks to keep the lamps going

2014-06-05_16.58.00.png

the infusion altar and a wand recharge station with 8 aura nodes around it. eventually the bottles will be filled up with all 50 aspects, and will be wired with peripherals to a computer to manage the whole vis storage system. only thing is i noticed the essentia pipes dont work like they used to in earlier versions...do i really need a decanting golem for this part?

Reactions: malicious_bloke

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
only thing is i noticed the essentia pipes dont work like they used to in earlier versions...do i really need a decanting golem for this part?

the pipes changed in 4.1. They were causing lag with hundreds of pipes in use. Now they only support 1 type of suction in the pipe at one time. Alchemy golems are the easiest, but it is possible to automatically sort essentia using tubes, valves, essentia buffers, arcane bellows and some redstone logic. There is a post I saw recently where someone did this. Mind blowing really as alchemy golems are far easier.

It shouldn't be too hard to set up AE to output to a chest and then use tubes to distribute everything evenly to the pedestals. Since each pedestal has a single inventory slot, you can route the tubes around in a even fashion to balance the altar, then click the infusion altar with a wand to kick off the infusion. Provided you can use an autonomous activator to activate the infusion altar, it should be possible to completely automate this. It looks like you have a good start on the challenge with the systems you have set up so far.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to see somebody read my post about that, and actually decided to do it. I've gotten nowhere at all. One day I will be able to make Ichor from my ME system. One day....

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Oh alright.
*edited to remove attempt at humor*

Erm... anyway, back on topic: turtles and golems can and should be used if automation ever happens. They MUST work together; I so decree it.
The only difficult part would be making sure that there were backup materials, and also removing everything extra after the infusion is done.

Somebody needs to challenge Direwolf20 with automating infusion via CC code and derpy golem pathfinding...

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
i saw a few threads ago a mention of somehow, someday...an automated infusion crafter.

i thought..challenge accepted.

im already good at automating the bejeezus out of crops and farms, and since infusion crafting requires all types of vis, which would mean a mana bean farm in the background. I already have a mana bean farm in place, and using a magic crop growing coal and leaf blocks (earth and water elemental crops) to feed an alchemical furnace to keep a few lamps of growth going

2014-06-05_16.57.39.png

2014-06-05_16.57.47.png

no golems in this garden...all done with mfr planters and harvesters. in case your wondering..mfr harvesters no longer support the option to leave jungle wood alone, so these are set to default 3x3 harvesting, and the wood stays outside the 3x3 range. when they harvest, 2 beans come out. one goes to the planter, the other to the ae system. not much of a choice which goes in, but at least 1 goes in to get replanted. 14 slots on the planter are filled with stone so only 2 slots stays open for beans.

the ae system is setup to autocraft coal and leaf blocks to keep the lamps going

2014-06-05_16.58.00.png

the infusion altar and a wand recharge station with 8 aura nodes around it. eventually the bottles will be filled up with all 50 aspects, and will be wired with peripherals to a computer to manage the whole vis storage system. only thing is i noticed the essentia pipes dont work like they used to in earlier versions...do i really need a decanting golem for this part?
Yes you need a golem. Pipes can be used for single aspect things like herba but not multi-aspect things.
Also why are there no itemducts/golems filling the pedestals with the chosen item to be made? :p

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
ya i know cc will play a big role in this, both in keeping the jars stocked with aspects and managing the infusion crafting. like i said...long road ahead. i will keep you all posted as it goes.

patience ThatOneSlowKing...i just started the build.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
50 aspects, 51 with magic bees, 57 with FM, 51 with Thaumic Integration (unreleased) 59 in total, 58'released

Ah... Tempus is from Magic Bees... thanks :)

golems filling the pedestals with the chosen item to be made? :p
Now that was a good idea. And then using itemduct from pedestals when the infusion is finish. Right now I put items in hopper and the pedestals will be refilled automatic if anything happens during infusion.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
For your mana bean farm, you could always (assuming you have MFR) trap a pech in a net, and put that in a auto-spawner. On the back of your grinder, place a chest. Setup 2 itemducts. 1 leading into a trash can, the other into an ME interface, or Enderchest leading to your network. On this itemduct, blacklist a manabean, and ignore nbt/metadata. This will export everything but mana beans into the adjacent trash can you have set up.

On the other duct, whitelist a mana bean, and ignore nbt/metadata. This will put all beans in your network. Might be a cheesy way to get them, but no more chessier than setting up a massive golem farm to grab em all.

Reactions: steve g

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
For your mana bean farm, you could always (assuming you have MFR) trap a pech in a net, and put that in a auto-spawner. On the back of your grinder, place a chest. Setup 2 itemducts. 1 leading into a trash can, the other into an ME interface, or Enderchest leading to your network. On this itemduct, blacklist a manabean, and ignore nbt/metadata. This will export everything but mana beans into the adjacent trash can you have set up.

On the other duct, whitelist a mana bean, and ignore nbt/metadata. This will put all beans in your network. Might be a cheesy way to get them, but no more chessier than setting up a massive golem farm to grab em all.

With this way you will get a huge amount of mana beans and the good thing is that they are even spread on type of aspects. With the normal growing/harvesting way the base aspects are more common.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Set up your recipes in ae to use 2 of everything to make the infusion crafting. Dump it in a chest. Have a comparator on the chest to see when items are in it. Have the comparator kick off a delayed repeater that then signals an item duct that then pulls items out 2 at a time and set it in round Robin fashion. Have the item ducts attach to hoppers on the pedestals. This will give you your backup item for crafting. This won't work of course with non stackable items. When done have the item ducts pull out of the pedestals and return any extra items back to the system.

And of course I am not sure how you would get the item to be infused into the center pedestal. With logistic pipes, you could use a satellite crafting pipe to send the items to a different destination.

From my thoughts on this, a combination of build craft, ae, te and maybe logistic pipes might make the used items work.

I guess you would still need computer craft to read the amount of aspects I jars before starting the infusion. If you used turtles, of course they could do it all.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
If you just kept the jars full at all times you wouldn't need to have computers read them.

For the mana bean farm, would the fruitpicker work better than the harvester?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
So few things. Mana bean farm you have is not very efficient. I have seen much better designs than this. Pipes won't work in new version you need golems to automate it. If you want to keep jars filed at all time you need 2 for each aspects as some recipes require more than 64 of essentia. Also it is wast to keep them filled at all times as you wast mana beans and if you want to craft 3 things requiring the same essentia you will run out of essenta and will have to wait for long time before you get some more.