The Requester Processing System

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Felt like sharing this because it's easily the most complicated thing I've built in Minecraft.

I absolutely adore Refined Storage, and this represents my attempt to push it to it's logical limit in some ways. The heart of the Requester Processing System is this (currently ugly) beast:
rps1.png

A quarry at the top (which will eventually be replaced with a Void Ore Miner) eats massive chunks out of the world with the basically infinite power of a tier 4 ET solar panel, courtesy of a Flux Point. Resources that stack well - redstone, lapis, etc - get filtered out early and crafted into blocks. Currently I collect those by hand when I need them.

All the useful ores, meanwhile, get sorted out into that grid of chests thanks to EnderIO conduits. Each chest has an item translocator with a quantity upgrade attached - if the chest is about to get full and backlog the system, the extra items are transferred into the second set of chests and trashed.

Meanwhile, each chest also has an importer with a connected detector. The detector scans my storage for the quantity of the ingot that matches the ore in the chest, and turns off the importer if I'm over a certain amount. So for example if I have more than 500 iron ingots, no more iron ore gets imported.

This all then feeds into the second stage at my main base:
rps2.png

Any ore that enters my storage system gets exported into this wall of pulverizers feeding into redstone furnaces, all fairly upgraded so that everything happens quickly. The redstone furnaces then import the resulting ingots back into my storage.

The end result is basically infinite resources that I never have to pay attention to; any time I start to run low on one kind of ingot, more of that ingot automatically starts feeding into my system without any effort on my part.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You should try Applied Energistics if you like Refined Storage, Applied Energistics is Refined Storage's Mom.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
You know. I'm brand new to this forum. But as soon as Nuclear_Creeper made that post, I knew I was going to hear from you, Apex. XD

Don't worry - after how long I spent learning RS, I don't really feel like learning another mod to do the same thing. :p

EDIT: That said, can you explain Readers and Writers to me? I cannot wrap my head around how they are supposed to work... Think I've got the rest of RS down, but those are still a mystery to me.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
You know. I'm brand new to this forum. But as soon as Nuclear_Creeper made that post, I knew I was going to hear from you, Apex. XD

Don't worry - after how long I spent learning RS, I don't really feel like learning another mod to do the same thing. :p

EDIT: That said, can you explain Readers and Writers to me? I cannot wrap my head around how they are supposed to work... Think I've got the rest of RS down, but those are still a mystery to me.
basically, you set a channel, for them, and they can then have power, items, or fluids routed through them. so if I need to transport lava, I can pipe lava into a reader set to cannel 1, then pipe it from a writer set to channel 1.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Look at screenshots.. Chisels and Bits is annoying.
well, you could try not placing them 1 bit at a time, or use blueprints to copy/paste "facades" or even better yet if you have actually additions you can use phantom faces to not even have to run wires where they would need to be hidden

As a wise Duck once said "you have to play smarter lad, not harder"

Reactions: Henry Link

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Chisels & Bits is, on the whole, a massive finicky pain.

However, making facades with the bit saw is SO easy that I think Apex wins that point. :)