The requested operation requires elevation??

Proshyak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I don't know exactly what caused this or what I did to cause it, but whenever I try and run a fresh copy of the .exe and .jar FTB cannnot start because "The requested operation requires elevation".. Putting the .exe into administrator mode lets it run, but does anyone have an idea of whats causing it? (Windows 8.1, Jre7, Jdk1.7.0_45, 3rd gen i7, 16gb RAM, nvidia 640 gt in case it helps someone)

Brenwwe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I don't know exactly what caused this or what I did to cause it, but whenever I try and run a fresh copy of the .exe and .jar FTB cannnot start because "The requested operation requires elevation".. Putting the .exe into administrator mode lets it run, but does anyone have an idea of whats causing it? (Windows 8.1, Jre7, Jdk1.7.0_45, 3rd gen i7, 16gb RAM, nvidia 640 gt in case it helps someone)

If you have a firewall it my be blocking FTB running normally.
If you have a firewall set FTB to be allowed or lower your firewall settings.

Hopefully this helped
Brendan

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK

You should only have the jre version of java remove any and all other ones and make sure you install the latest one from here.