The quest for Enderpearls (DW20 pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Coming from a previous map with Monster (which had mimichite, which I personally found a bit too cheaty), and now playing DW20.

I find myself REALLY struggling for enderpearls, to the point where I'm getting desperate, and unable to move further - because everything I try to build asks for bloody enderpearls.

How do you guys source your initial stash, before you're far enough to build MFR spawners?

I tried making the usual dark room trap, 4 blocks high, 35 blocks up in the sky with conveyor belts dropping stuff to their death. I lit everything (including underground caves) as much as I could, but it seems a very ineffective way.

I get the odd creeper, skeleton and zombie falling down, but it's far from optimal. In 3 days (real days, not MC days) not a single enderman spawned in there - not to mention that I hate the hulking structure on my skyline.

Are there any more effective ways to achieve this? Apart from obviously roaming the lands at night, hoping to come across an enderman while getting gangraped by all the the other mobs spawning in the night?

And no .. I haven't found a division sigil yet, so cursed earth is not possible.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Crops
Ender Lilies
Ender Forest
Bees that produce Ender Pearls
or go hunting in a flat area such as a desert

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And no .. I haven't found a division sigil yet, so cursed earth is not possible.
Apparently you don't need the Sigil to do the sacrifice. Just set everything up like you would with the sigil and kill the mob at midnight and it should still spawn Cursed Earth etc.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
In my last world, I got a bit cheaty and installed a mod that added a recipe that was and ender pearl and 4 iron for 2 ender pearls....

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
but you don't need enderpearls to build and power a MFR spawner+mob grinder
Yet you need a fair bit of infrastructure to set it up satisfactorily. The OP asked for solutions to get enderpearls before reaching that tech/power level.

Another good source of Endermen (if you can brave it) is of the Endermen spawner in Rogue Dungeons. Sometimes the room it is in can be easy to spot on minimaps with cavemode(Zan's) due to its distinct pattern, and have more than once had dungeons intersected by ravines to ease access to them.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
There's always mining for Oblivion Hives. You should be able to find them from level 12 down in a magical type biome in the overworld.

Skidd2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, what I do is go exploring, at least at first. I find a few enderlily seeds, and get them planted on end stone. Since I didn't know about the end stone recipe in TiCo when I first started playing, I kind of just went mining deep, I think at around 13ish. You might have a bit more luck a bit deeper, but I'm not sure at the moment.
I took a TiCo hammer and mined out a huge area, (not expecting this, btw) and came across ender bees, nether bees, and I forget the name of them, but the bees surrounded by redstone. So its a fairly easy way to get endstone (plus glowstone and a fairly large deposit of redstone) before going to the end, and a good chance to perhaps find a dungeon with enderlilys in it.

As an after thought, perhaps you can get a pneumatic craft ender seed farm going? I think they spawn an enderman when fully grown... I'm not sure if it has to be dark enough to spawn them though for that to work.

EDIT: DOH... I was writing this when darkeshrine beat me to it :p

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I play with Better Dungeons and loot a single large dungeon, and come back with 3-4 stacks of 16. Not to mention, you can completely skip all mining by installing it, and on top of that, adventuring is a lot more exciting and fun than mining for hours.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
2 block tall hut in plains/desert and agro their attention in safety to get your first pearls. Run a pulverizer and 2 cyclic assemblers to deconstruct blue wool into string and lapis and recycle back through as bluee wool again until you can lapis your way up to a loot 3 sword to expound on the method.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
2 block tall hut in plains/desert and agro their attention in safety to get your first pearls. Run a pulverizer and 2 cyclic assemblers to deconstruct blue wool into string and lapis and recycle back through as bluee wool again until you can lapis your way up to a loot 3 sword to expound on the method.
the infinite lapis trick was fixed BTW

Reactions: SatanicSanta

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
yes... it was a 2 or 5 percent return on lapiz somewhere... atleast the recent version "fixed" that and now its back to 25 perect chance on return. ;) probably because they forgot about that change... lol