The next Xycraft update looks amazing!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I just watched the Direwolf20 spotlight on the next version of Xycraft. It actually looks awesome. It adds some new crafting tables and tanks, plus a lot of other blocks to generate or remove water or to act as soil. Its always annoyed me so far because its so limited and because of the quartz crystals clogging up my quarry chests, but I have to say that I'm really excited about where it's going!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft's latest update opens up some really fun and swell builds.

Things like much more flexible and pretty lava storage:
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2012.49.05%20PM.png

And really interesting looking building and lighting options:
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2012.50.37%20PM.png

I'm actually prepping to do a Let's Play on how you can use the new Xycraft stuff to change how you do early game builds.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Has the DW20 pack been updated in the launcher? Mine still says its version 5.1.1 and I'm waiting until the new XyCraft is added to start building my RP2 frame quarry (For the water blocks to stop that pesty lava)

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know it's already in the Ultimate pack. I've been playing around with the blocks that speed up plant growth since the launch of Ultimate. I like them a lot, too bad they don't work with any of the Forestry trees though, but with a bit of luck those might get added in the future.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I just want that ice block. my thermpile cell size will drop to 1x2x3 and will be tilable. It will make the denseity of the pile about 5 times better then before. mmmm thermopiles

Reactions: powergo

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
So if the xycraft ice blocks don't melt then I suppose you could use them in an infinite basalt producer

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make a basalt generator? I have yet to find a single volcano in my world, but I love the way the basalt blocks look. I would really appreciate it if you could maybe give me a design to use? Thanks

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Water+Lava=Cobble
Snow+Lava=Basalt
But it's so, so, sooo slow, I'd recommend to look for a volcano or have this running for a couple of hours so you can get a half stack.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Well yea, but you make it fully automatic. Plus the small amount of energy it produces. Just set a few down and come back later, not everyone gets lucky with world gen and can find what they are looking for.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Block breaker for automation, will produce minute amounts of energy. But I'd seriously still consider looking for a volcano, maybe toss this up (or 5), and go searching for volcanoes while this is churning out Basalt. Then, when you find a volcano, you'll mine it out and have an extra stack or two of basalt. I guess it could be the only thing someone would use if basalt was a mere accent on a base, but with it being a large portion of a base, you may want to stick with volcano exploration.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming access to EE3 you could just use the minium stone. 6 cobble = 1 basalt cobble. Just have to kill enough enemies for the shards. Faster than the basalt generator and who doesn't have a cobblestone surplus?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I just want that ice block. my thermpile cell size will drop to 1x2x3 and will be tilable. It will make the denseity of the pile about 5 times better then before. mmmm thermopiles

Can't you use a fire block as well to reduce it to 1x1x3? With BT power coming out the side and transferring pile to pile

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you use a fire block as well to reduce it to 1x1x3? With BT power coming out the side and transferring pile to pile

Maybe... I have limted knoweldge about the incoming Xycraft update. Only learned about the ice block awhile ago. I will ahve to test if that would work. if it does you could fit it in a 1x2x2 L shape setup and just make it ultradense.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone tell me how to get the v5.2.1 or whatever the newest build is of the DW20 pack? My launcher says it is still version 5.1.1, but yet here on the forums I see people talking about their tests and worlds in the version 5.2.1. Is it just because it takes a little for the FTB team to update the pack or is something wrong with my launcher? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks :)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder how many of these blocks came about as a direct result of building frame quarys with DW and seeing the limitations when it came to water and lava.
Some good and usefull things. And what's planned looks friking amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1362627130][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could someone tell me how to get the v5.2.1 or whatever the newest build is of the DW20 pack? My launcher says it is still version 5.1.1, but yet here on the forums I see people talking about their tests and worlds in the version 5.2.1. Is it just because it takes a little for the FTB team to update the pack or is something wrong with my launcher? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks :)

Select the pack and look for the tab across the top that says "recomended" expand the tab and look at the options. It's in the same line of tabs as the "edit pack tab".

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my hey if the fire and ice blocks work you can make super dense 1x2x2 thermopiles useign two piles and one ice one fire. double the output of the signel pile L shape setup just by putting a secound pile in the unused corner. That would be fairly epic and stackable.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Since I've gotten into screenshooting recently, helpful pictures!
This puts out the same power as ye olde Lava + 4 Water.
mbwgayq.png

It easily tiles like this.
UWLFEsI.png
Or you could do it in a straight line, too. Just make sure the same Thermopile never touches a second Ice block.

The 1x1x3? Well the blocks themselves aren't actually hot or cold, so...
UGj9Ugi.png
...does absolutely nothing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Since I've gotten into screenshooting recently, helpful pictures!
This puts out the same power as ye olde Lava + 4 Water.

It easily tiles like this.

Or you could do it in a straight line, too. Just make sure the same Thermopile never touches a second Ice block.

The 1x1x3? Well the blocks themselves aren't actually hot or cold, so...
...does absolutely nothing.

Thanks for that update.

I look forward to this so much.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder how many of these blocks came about as a direct result of building frame quarys with DW and seeing the limitations when it came to water and lava.
Some good and usefull things. And what's planned looks friking amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1362627130][/DOUBLEPOST]

Select the pack and look for the tab across the top that says "recomended" expand the tab and look at the options. It's in the same line of tabs as the "edit pack tab".
Thank you so much!