The next Xycraft update looks amazing!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Since I've gotten into screenshooting recently, helpful pictures!
This puts out the same power as ye olde Lava + 4 Water.
mbwgayq.png
How do you keep it from turning the lava into obsidian?

Reactions: powergo

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
The lava turns to basalt, and odds are good that the ice will melt first. That said, eventually this design would require replacement of the lava if the ice is constantly replenished.

I do wonder if there is some sort of internal heat to the thermopile, so if you left it without ice for a while you could guarantee that no basalt would form.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How do you keep it from turning the lava into obsidian?

You need a High temp diff to make lava turn to basalt. Since the temp between 1 ice and 1 lava is about the same as 4 water 1 lava it is just as stable.

Should be stable...

I have to test this myself. I'll build one of my mega piles like I did in my Silly BT thread and leave it up and running for a few hours to see if this is really true. But it sounds solid.

Reactions: powergo

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ice blocks are exciting. They can also make force fields if you do it right. It's tricky to break an ice block and not have it revert to water, and the ice block is so fast that it re-hardens the wall. I think the Wither can break through it because its explosion is special, but I am pretty sure TNT just breaks ice blocks and reverts them instead of subtracting them. I had a bad experience once with that..

A bit more of a pragmatic Xycraft thing, Liquid Void blocks are super-amazing. They're a really nice tool for mining around lava. You can make crazy architecture no one has ever seen before including:
  1. 3 dimensional infinite water sources.
  2. Accessible Lava source blocks as a roof.
  3. Easy underwater bases.
  4. Very compact water treadmills with a vertical component.

Reactions: Captain Neckbeard

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
  1. 3 dimensional infinite water sources.
  2. Accessible Lava source blocks as a roof.
  3. Easy underwater bases.
  4. Very compact water treadmills with a vertical component.

I'm so confused.
I mean, if you have screenshots, that'd be cool, haven't had the chance to mess with Xycraft quite yet.