The Langoliers ModPack [JamPacked2] [Release] [v1.0.1] [Curse]

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... 4 quadruple, a quituple, and 4 ingots??? Isn't that expensive? :)
... over 85K if I added right.

EDIT: Eminence stone? At least it's cheap enough to construct

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Presser: Put whatever food you want to squeeze in the the top slot. If it is a squeezable food, it will output to the bottom slot. Apples squeeze into apple juice.

Also I restarted with the ftb launcher. on starting, the siren went off 5 seconds after i entered the game, the langoliers started to eat the world and I ran like a bat out of hell for the tree. the roof of the house DID NOT get eaten so I have a future platform waiting for me.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Re-installing via Curse now. Going to see if I can copy my save game over from when I did a forge install... And it's no problem if that doesn't work, I kind of like the beginning and I'm not a fan of my current platform -- really didn't organize it well... :)

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
Presser: Put whatever food you want to squeeze in the the top slot. If it is a squeezable food, it will output to the bottom slot. Apples squeeze into apple juice.

Also I restarted with the ftb launcher. on starting, the siren went off 5 seconds after i entered the game, the langoliers started to eat the world and I ran like a bat out of hell for the tree. the roof of the house DID NOT get eaten so I have a future platform waiting for me.
Now there are invisible pressure plates everywhere. I forgot to "program"the langoliers to eat the roof. Next version (this weekend, will be gone).

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I am not getting jerkey from Pam's Lamb/mutton. Is that your doing, or is that something to report to the TiC people?

===

A water clay bucket does not satisfy the water bucket/infinite water source quest.

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Another mod suggestion: autopackager

my personal choice for automating the sieving is to pulverize cobble and stone-->sand to both auto sieve and hammerer(to get dust)-->dust and gravel to auto sieve. I would like to be able to out put the autosieve to a chest that is output to an autopackager. the autopackager outputs to a final chest where sfm pulls the ore sands and ore gravel out sends them back to the hammerer. here they are turned to dusts and sand and fed back to the autosieve output chest to sorted again. finished ore dusts are sent by sfm to the smeltery.

it sounds more complicated than it actually is. doing it this way allows the use of wildcards in sfm to reduce the amount of programming. you can use sfm, of course, to do the packaging but you have to program for each ore gravel, sand and dust which, because of the sheer number of ores in this pack, becomes quite daunting.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... WHY is a cactus sword handle allowed?

I would understand a cactus guard more than a cactus handle. The cactus handle seems like it should hurt the user, not the enemy.

EDIT: Am I doing this right? My flint mattock does as much damage (+6 hearts) as my flint boardsword. How???

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
I am not getting jerkey from Pam's Lamb/mutton. Is that your doing, or is that something to report to the TiC people?

===

A water clay bucket does not satisfy the water bucket/infinite water source quest.
TiC. for the Lamb.
And no clay bucket doesn't work.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So now I realize what I hate about that sieving quest line.

Change it. Have the required materials to pass be the outputs.
Make the first one sieving gravel, pass being coal, flint, and broken iron ore.
From there, a split -- sieving stone has one of the ore berry bushes, and nothing after it.
The main line continues with sand, pass being crushed iron and certus quartz.
Next comes dust, with pass being bonemeal and redstone.
Etc.

Also: I realized yesterday: Ex Nihilo is balanced around automation of the sieve. PLEASE, for the love of player sanity, make the sieving questline include a "Get it running" automation. It is the single biggest turnoff for me, actually bigger than the whole clay/gravel/sand of the smeltery.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
@rafacost3d - Just a quick note to say that I like that you're making your own pack, not just cloning Agrarian Skies or any other skyblock map. Yes, some of the quest lines you have are not "optimized" but I don't mind that at all. I hope you'll add some of the suggestions folks make, but only if they're something you like. Thanks!

Reactions: rafacost3d

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
So now I realize what I hate about that sieving quest line.

Change it. Have the required materials to pass be the outputs.
Make the first one sieving gravel, pass being coal, flint, and broken iron ore.
From there, a split -- sieving stone has one of the ore berry bushes, and nothing after it.
The main line continues with sand, pass being crushed iron and certus quartz.
Next comes dust, with pass being bonemeal and redstone.
Etc.

Also: I realized yesterday: Ex Nihilo is balanced around automation of the sieve. PLEASE, for the love of player sanity, make the sieving questline include a "Get it running" automation. It is the single biggest turnoff for me, actually bigger than the whole clay/gravel/sand of the smeltery.
I created the sieving quest line just to showcase to a player that didn't knew ex-nihilo what he could sieve, it's not focused on what he gets from sieving. That he can learn just by looking at NEI.
And I already created a quest for not only automating the sieve but upgrading. On both storylines it comes after you have some power.
Also I would like to say that I understand that some quests are considered HARD, and it suppose that the player have some previous knowledge about some basic mods for skyblocking. I don't have the pretentious to create a ModPack that teaches to skyblocking.
My main goal was to create a Story of an Apocalyptic event (requirement for jampacked2) that was fun and challenging to play.
This version of the ModPack is only the chapter one of our hero. Each new major version I will create a completely new quest book and storyline. But the background plot will always be the Langoliers.
best regards,
Rafacost3d

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
my computer keyboard is giving me hell... the 's' got stuck and i backed right off the platform before i could hit 'shift'. i dont know for sure how much i lost. all my tools and wood for certain.

Bworms1980

Jul 29, 2019
Look's like I won't be able to play this pack and a few others. Don't know what's going on with my computer but no matter what I do, the game crashes as soon as the auto sieve starts to sift blocks.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I can only give best guesses.

My output files have video. They play silent. One editor does not show waveforms, the second editor does show audio waveforms -- but only one track, not two, and it doesn't match either game activity or my voice.

How? ... Well, one thing is that it was recording per-application based on application name -- and apparently, minecraft shows a different name when launched from the vanilla launcher (which is where I did my quick tests), and when launched from the FTB launcher (needed to play this pack).

... New beta of this recorder came out this morning.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... Is there any way to get dark oak saplings?

Sieving dirt gives 4 saplings (including oak and birch), and sieving sand gives exotic (jungle) ... what gives dark oak?

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about dark oak saplings, but I ran into an issue with Spruce.

I had a spruce sapling I planted and no amount of bonemeal would get it to grow. When I moused over the sapling, it said "Oak Sapling" even though it was clearly a spruce. I dug it up and replanted it and then it said "Spruce Sapling" on mouseover. Three bonemeals later and it grew. I veinmined the leaves with a crook and got 8(!) spruce saplings, so now I can grow a 2x2 spruce.

I had a very similar issue with the jungle sapling, where it refused to grow the first time I planted it (didn't think to mouseover). Replanting it seemed to fix the issue. Haven't tried birch yet... Nor have I planted the acacia seed I found.

Which reminds me of one other question/observation.

Oak trees can drop apples.
In some packs, spruce logs give double charcoal.
Jungle trees can spawn vines.
Can birch trees do anything "special"?

-g-