The Langoliers ModPack [JamPacked2] [Release] [v1.0.1] [Curse]

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
MroaF3A.png
Finally Release version 1.0 is online at Curse. Probably this week at FTB Launcher.

Hello Folks!

I created a ModPack for JamPacked2, it's a SkyBlock with a "twist".
You can download it with FTB Launcher Third Party Public Pack Code: LANGO
Or with the Curse Voice, search for Langoliers at FTB Modpacks.

New Streamming Lets Play by rafacost3d:
I know I'm far from be like FunshineX, but now that I released the final 1.0 version, I decided to created a Youtube Gaming Stream Let Plays, all episodes will be available at my channel.
Im very shy, but let's try!!! Below is the link for my channel and the First Episode. Sorry for the cough!!!
Channel: https://gaming.youtube.com/rafacost3d

Current Version: Release 1.0.1
ChangeLog:
  • Finished the QuestBook, 140+ Quests
  • Added AromaBackup Mod
  • Added Steve's Addons
  • Added Hunger Overhaul
  • Updated All Mods to their Recommended Latests Version

Disclaimer:
I'm not doing this for money, but if you would like to help the project, visit is my Patreon page. Thanks!

Hope you like it!​

Last edited:

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds cool. I will check it out. I'm doing a series of all Jampacked 2 Modpacks I can find.

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
It's a great pack but I really dislike the intro voiceover. Text to speech is really lazy and sounds bad.

RapGeneral

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm guys i have problems installing it. I downloaded the Curse launcher, then made new thingy with the newest forge, then i added the files from the link (mods, conf, etc)in the folder of the modpack. I did the fix thingy aswell. Then i started it, and it was looking great! (as in the funshines's video). Then i created a new world, and i was spawned on a tree o_O. There were no computer, or a house. Just one tree. So i fugered out something is wrong, but i decided to go along. Because i couldnt find a Quest book, i typed /hqm enable (because i knew it would give me one) but i didnt give me a book. After i got one from creative mode, i was in the Edit mode of HQM. (I could change the names of the quest, rewards, etc). Have i dont something wrong?

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
It's a great pack but I really dislike the intro voiceover. Text to speech is really lazy and sounds bad.
Hey 420Kebab1337!
Thank you for your comment. I would like to remind that this ModPack is an early alpha version that I've managed to put together for Jampacked2. Expect much more to come. And sure, one thing that is on my todo list is the intro speech. As I live in Brazil, I couldn't find any professional narrator like Malcolm McDowel or Morgan Freeman. ;)
Best regards,
Rafa (rafacost3d)

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm guys i have problems installing it. I downloaded the Curse launcher, then made new thingy with the newest forge, then i added the files from the link (mods, conf, etc)in the folder of the modpack. I did the fix thingy aswell. Then i started it, and it was looking great! (as in the funshines's video). Then i created a new world, and i was spawned on a tree o_O. There were no computer, or a house. Just one tree. So i fugered out something is wrong, but i decided to go along. Because i couldnt find a Quest book, i typed /hqm enable (because i knew it would give me one) but i didnt give me a book. After i got one from creative mode, i was in the Edit mode of HQM. (I could change the names of the quest, rewards, etc). Have i dont something wrong?
Hi!
I'm on process of creating a Project on Curse, and a FTB installer code, in the future will be much easier to install.
But basically you need to create a fresh recommended 1.7.10 forge install and unzip all files from the latest zip file version in my github/downloads account.
Hope that helps!

RapGeneral

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i did this. I unzipped it all that installation folder. But nothing. I did the fix thing, coppied all the stuff where the folders were. But it just wont work. I unzipped the filles in the Instances folder, in the place where the curse launcher is installed.

EDIT: I fixed it, it seems that the update fixed whatever i did wrong. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: rafacost3d

jua2ja

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't start playing but I watched FunshineX's episode and I have one comment: can you please add more rewards for the bags? IDK how much you have but if there is a 21% to get any rewards already means you need more or at least spread them out better. I can guess you have one major category with only 4 rewards, and other small categories. I will add more large categories to basic and more items to the plain rewards category.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Well, let me say that playing the submitted pack has been ... interesting so far. I'll finish up episode 2 (episode 1's audio was messed up ... silly sirens ..., and episode 2 got clipped during recording). I did NOT find out about "normal worldgen", but I'm actually not that far from finding it.

You turned off mob griefing? I thought that was why you gave us two layers of dirt, I've had to patch holes already :).

(You did not enable HQM in the official pack; is that fixed in the update?)

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
The basic initial idea is that you have to press Y/N at the computer and run to the tree. The Langoliers should eat the entire world. So the mod that was missing disabled the normal worldgen beyond 200 block from where you are. You should start the modpack only with the tree and nothing more.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh ...

Then ... you'll love my first world (I made it to the tree, now what?).
My second world ... is revenge ... BWA-haha!

EDIT: Wait, the tree survives? Is that why there's an obsidian block underneath it? Yea, I ran into a creeper over there :)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 2.

There's cobblestone, lets get a furnace: "This cannot mine anything". Hmm, so wood pick doesn't work. Lets chop trees faster: "This cannot mine anything". How well does a sword work?

Watch on YouTube

Yes, next episode will be the quest book.