The future of FTB Modpacks pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
As i said in a previous post, i requested that Slowpoke possibly present this idea to both developers and hopefully come to a resolution.

That's really not the best option for anybody, even if you think its the best option for you.

Like they say, if you want the mod you can add it yourself.

It was just an idea and i'd like to see them get their differences sorted out.
Consider the situation unresolvable.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
There is nothing to prevent users from re-adding mods themselves. Our launcher is set up to make that easy to do. As to your request about the configs, I am sorry but you are really not going to like this pack :(, not only the configs for GT going to be set to their default levels, but the accompanying mods are all going to have their gregtech config options turned on. This is not the pack for people who dont want the grind.

Blu_Haze

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you 100%. But there is a difference between illegally distributing malware and simply being a dishonest, arrogant jerk. (I could use a stronger word, but I won't.) Greg has done the latter, but people are accusing him of the former.

Yeah, I can agree that it's a bit of an overreaction to call it "malware". I think people really just jumped on that term after reading Slowpokes initial announcement, even though that wasn't at all what he had meant.[DOUBLEPOST=1374270784][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd rather have Greg get his own pack, than have him infect Ultimate with his insanity.

Personally I would rather see Greg follow the path of FlowerChild and just make GregTech into a total conversion mod. Dissociate himself from Forge and IC2 completely, then build up his mod to be self sustainable with no dependencies. He never was very adept at getting along with the rest of the modding community, and this way he would never actually have to. He could completely do his own thing and not have to worry about what other developers choose to do with their mods.

As I see this whole situation, people are blowing it way out of proportion. Was gregs code a bad idea? yes, but I really don't think it deserves to be called malware or even malicious. As I understand it, the code if it found TC, made the game shutdown and you couldn't play until one or the other mod was removed. Is that annoying? Yes but it does no damage to any worlds at all. You just remove one of the mods, such a simple thing caused such a huge uproar.

Malice is defined by a persons intent, not the extent of their actions.

Greg did what he did primarily out of a desire to hurt mDiyo, which is most definitely considered to be malicious.

A lot of you act like entitled brats. Just stop this nonsense, the situation has been handled and is now over as far as we the community are concerned.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm not really sure how you think that lashing out at people like this is going to help resolve the conflict or temper the situation in any way. Saying things such as this only serves to stir the pot and fan the flames.

Deathshroud09

Jul 29, 2019
There is nothing to prevent users from re-adding mods themselves. Our launcher is set up to make that easy to do. As to your request about the configs, I am sorry but you are really not going to like this pack :(, not only the configs for GT going to be set to their default levels, but the accompanying mods are all going to have their gregtech config options turned on. This is not the pack for people who dont want the grind.

Thats...unfortunate. As i said whatever the Gregtech centered pack does is of no consequence to me, i will not use it. However, i like some of the things he adds without all the extra baggage. I would add his mod separate and do the configs myself, i've tried it before, but they have simply been too confusing and cluttered for me to actually find and complete the changes that i would like.

Sirithil

Jul 29, 2019
Thats...unfortunate. As i said whatever the Gregtech centered pack does is of no consequence to me, i will not use it. However, i like some of the things he adds without all the extra baggage. I would add his mod separate and do the configs myself, i've tried it before, but they have simply been too confusing and cluttered for me to actually find and complete the changes that i would like.
I'm sure someone somewhere who really wants to could put together a config pack for this, as has been done before.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
About the configs, I think he meant for the ultimate modpack, not the new gregtech one.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
This is a reasoned response, and more generous than I would have been.

Quite bluntly, he isn't the modded minecraft police. As long as his mod packs don't contain crash bugs, it really isn't his problem.

He trusts Gregorious to not do so again. I don't. That's really the only place we differ on opinion here. As I stated in the last thread, I'm just done with him. I won't use any mod he codes, I won't permit them in my mod packs. I could not care less what his responses or actions are anymore, because I will ensure they won't impact me or my users.

I hope Slow's trust in Greg is well-founded, because if this sort of thing happens in a mod pack release... it won't be pretty for the users of that mod pack, or for the FTB team who will have to deal with it.

brodaciouscoyote

Jul 29, 2019
A question: why is Tinker's Construct and Natura both confirmed in the 1.5.2 version of Feed the Beast Unleashed? This seems counterproductive considering everything that's been going on.

Line 68 of Feed the Beast: Unleashed announced modpack: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoWBpEX_gP1AdEZNb0VlRkc5M1FHaUhWRkhWaHRyU0E#gid=0

Edit: Oh nevermind it's easy to confuse Unleashed and Unhinged. (Actually I thought the name just kept changing today between the two)

Editx2: Actually he's been removed from both. My brains! So I guess the Gregtech modpack hasn't actually been decided or announced officially yet.

brodaciouscoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Why wouldn't they be?
Because Mdiya has said he doesn't want to be in any modpack with Gregtech. Feed the Beast, being very protective of modder's rights would surely not infringe upon their specific instructions.

Anyways I was wrong, since either Gregtech was removed since I had looked at the list earlier, or I was confused on one or the other of the new modpack names being the release of the Gregtech-focused one. I was almost certain one of them had Gregtech and specified all recipes had been put into Gregtech/Hard mode.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Because Mdiya has said he doesn't want to be in any modpack with Gregtech. Feed the Beast, being very protective of modder's rights would surely not infringe upon their specific instructions.

Anyways I was wrong, since either Gregtech was removed since I had looked at the list earlier, or I was confused on one or the other of the new modpack names being the release of the Gregtech-focused one. I was almost certain one of them had Gregtech and specified all recipes had been put into Gregtech/Hard mode.
The Unhinged Pack is the GregTech-centered pack with GregTech and all hardmode configs enabled.
The Unleashed pack has Tinker's Construct, Natura and all the flowery easy mods that go with them.

Deathshroud09

Jul 29, 2019
The Unhinged Pack is the GregTech-centered pack with GregTech and all hardmode configs enabled.
The Unleashed pack has Tinker's Construct, Natura and all the flowery easy mods that go with them.

Right.....I know you love GregTech, but could we hold off on unfounded inflammatory remarks directed towards other mods?
Thanks .

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Right.....I know you love GregTech, but could we hold off on unfounded inflammatory remarks directed towards other mods?
Thanks .
Can you not jump to conclusions? Natura is a mod with trees and flowers is it not? It has no Tech, right? Thus, a flowery, easy mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.