The future of automation

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Pffft. I can make a huge cart-based brain in my base, without using any AE.

Of course you can. if you have any kind of basic item transport, what you can control somehow, then you can automate.
Computers are not nececarry either, because you can use redstone.
I am building an efficient furnance (counts the items to avoid coal wasting) in vanilla.I have only size issues ( the house is extremly small to do redstone ).

Thats why i said reasonable size. The vanilla version is pretty big. But of course possible.

Automation is frankly meh. Thinks can be automated with hoppers, block breakers, sensors, block placers etc. in really cool ways.
------
If all else fails, there are things like turtles which with a bit of lua know-how can literally allow you to be the richest person on a server without having to log on to actually play the game after a bit of settup.

Hmm... Theres any 1.7 mod (don't needs to be forge) with pushable(Important part, otherwise its too complex to do whitout slimeblocks) block placer/breaker?

Turtles at least require knowledge.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Of course you can. if you have any kind of basic item transport, what you can control somehow, then you can automate.
Computers are not nececarry either, because you can use redstone.
Okay, then why did you say that "AE is the brain of automatic bases". You don't need AE to have automation, and you don't need AE to have a "brain". Honestly, I think redstone contraptions are both A) more fun, and B) better than AE stuff.

Reactions: Padfoote

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, then why did you say that "AE is the brain of automatic bases". You don't need AE to have automation, and you don't need AE to have a "brain". Honestly, I think redstone contraptions are both A) more fun, and B) better than AE stuff.

I know that.I like building redstone stuff, but i prefer to use ae.
AE is the simpliest way to do it. One interface for every process.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer the brains in my base to be made out if flesh blocks that automate themselves continually maki and mining resources and growing until every base and every person on the server is overtaken
FleshcraftTM

Reactions: RealSketch

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
-Build your model in a world.
-Make a blue print.
-In next world, make all items.
-Power builder, insert blueprint.
-???
-Profit.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
BC for 1.7 Builder blue prints.
However, BC does not like tile entities like item ducts and you would still need to automate the usage of the builder. Personally, I think that automotive automation mods are a long way off due to the need to access GUIs in machines which is extremely difficult to code.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I disagree :p
To each, my way?

----

I like AE because I like building large bases and running between new areas and a chest room gets old after awhile. I'm using it a bit more in my current world because the last few worlds I did I mainly used Logistics pipes, but I am still limited to a few strategically placed Access/crafting terminals and some interfaces. Detailed automation is done with other mods (Steve's Factory Manager mainly)

Reactions: Not_Steve and Narc

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
To each, my way?
Nah, don't be concerned. Just a little patience. Since he isn't following The Way and openly voicing blasphemic thoughts the Minecraft Mod Police is going to grab him soon. He'll be reeducated and love using AE for everything soon enough :)

Reactions: Narc

psp

Jul 29, 2019
No, he just refuses to join the dark side. I know, you got cookies over there, but cookies aren't everything but..... CANDY, is everything!

I didn't fix it for you, i just said what you forgot to say.