The first thing....

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Pathfinder

Yes you can Gamer, in fact my first character was a mage (who got the Magic power banned in session two). The entire thing is a point but system, so a secret agent has the same amount of points as the fire throwing mutant, just the mutant has to spend more points on powers, and since the secret agent (whom I’ll call Bond) doesn’t need to buy powers, Bond will have a lot more Skills and higher Attributes. The amount of points depends on what level you are basically (I don’t remember the proper term for it), and the game recommend starting at ten (cap is twenty).

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Path of Exile

I've DEFINITELY seen that before :D It was awesome, as my recollection goes! I've never played Pathfinder, but I've heard good things.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
MOBA.

That's what I've heard - for people who liked 3.5, Pathfinder was their dream follow-on. One of my favourite 3.5 D&D books was the Book of Nine Swords - for me that made melee characters interesting again. I loved the Warblade class.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
MBA

Tome of Battle make melee character worth existing to me. Warblade was also my favorite.Two pathfinder class, the Magus and the War Priest, are similar to stuff out of Tome of Battle, both get spellcasting up to 6th level, magus can enchant their weapon so a minute and get an extra free attack using a spell through a melee weapon . Warpriest get to buff their damage dice and add small buffs to their weapon, but overall are worse than Magus, better than fighters and paladins

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
NBA.

Yeeeeeah :D Its nice to know someone else appreciated that book! All three classes were pretty cool, and I really liked the whole vibe of ToB - it felt like there was some mythology that tied it all together, that could easily be slotted into a campaign.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
NFL

Yeah, the mythology was nice, and wasn’t to hard to remove or change if you wanted. I know that books gets a lot of hate, but it did something different with martial characters then just make them spellcaster, and that’s the main reason I like the classes, they’re versatile non-spellcasters

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Mysterious Disappearances

Ah, my bro and I played a mini campaign where he DM'd and I played a Warblade. It was a lot of fun :D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Pesticide.

Ah fair enough :) I'm not super in with the D&D community; do you know what the overall opinion seems to be on 5E?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
SimAnt

Cool :) Yeah, I've only played a large amount of 4E, and that little bit of 3.5E I mentioned. But, putting together some character sheets for 5E it seems pretty straightforward, and neat.