The.Factory |FTB Beta Pack A|Whitelist| PvE, Small, No Grief, Friendly,

• Announcement

Hello, we know that many of you have been asking for the server section to be split into sections so that servers are easier to find so that is exactly what we have done! We are also working on a server listing site to make the listing even better but this is still some time off and so for now this will be used. Current server owners will need to PM Rob if they want to keep their post with the following form completed:

Link to forum post:
    Pack:
    Server type (Whitelist/Greylist/Open):

Hope you like the new layout and if you have any more suggestions please post them in the web feedback forum.

The FTB Team
    P.S Go easy on my inbox :)
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Willibilly19

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry War, I don't use laptops. Yea Que, I'm fine with a new generation. I haven't done anything on there except code, although Typo and Oen were building a space station in a Mystcraft age. So I'd wait until they chime in:p Thanks a lot for enabling HTTP :)

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, Que I have looked all through the Forestry forums, all 38 pages and unless I have missed it, I guess people love it :/ I will keep my eyes open for a way to disable it, I thought it would be simple. Oh well.

Warmastr

Danzarlo

Jul 29, 2019
Nukes & TnT should of been banned in the first place to be honest its just the logical thing to do with the high percentage of grefiers on minecraft these days :L

Reactions: torpdeo and QueWhat

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
  1. IGN:tehazneggrollman
  2. Have you read and accept to obey the rules?: ReglasRules
  3. Have you been banned before?:no i have not
  4. IF so, why and how many times?:none
  5. Why should you be whitelisted?:I would like to play with my cousin Willibilly19

Woops forgot about this application, sorry :D Approved, welcome!

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know exactly how the regeneration of the overworld works with regard to the ages, but it would seem like as long as you don't lose the book and the age folder is still in the serve you would get to keep it.

Warmastr

torpdeo

Jul 29, 2019
Will the creative server stuff be transferred to the survival, because Its not very clear in the website

netbent

Jul 29, 2019
Posted this on your website's application page, but I'm not sure which gets more traffic.

IGN: netbent
Have you read and accept to obey the rules?: Yes
Have you been banned before?: No
IF so, why and how many times?:
Why should you be whitelisted?: I’m a relaxed 24 y/o guy. I’m actually an electrician, so I started out on FTB by playing around with IC2 and gradually I’ve gotten a hang on most things that the pack has to offer. Now that I have a better grasp on the concepts behind buildcraft and whatnot, I’d like to start over but with using a little more logic along the way

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Posted this on your website's application page, but I'm not sure which gets more traffic.

IGN: netbent
Have you read and accept to obey the rules?: Yes
Have you been banned before?: No
IF so, why and how many times?:
Why should you be whitelisted?: I’m a relaxed 24 y/o guy. I’m actually an electrician, so I started out on FTB by playing around with IC2 and gradually I’ve gotten a hang on most things that the pack has to offer. Now that I have a better grasp on the concepts behind buildcraft and whatnot, I’d like to start over but with using a little more logic along the way
Read the first post, denied for several reasons.

Will the creative server stuff be transferred to the survival, because Its not very clear in the website
No it will not. You can use creative in that world to plan out your builds once we go back to survival.

Oen

Jul 29, 2019
Can we start survival, but in an age, so the overworld is saved for redpower and we can have a head start.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Can we start survival, but in an age, so the overworld is saved for redpower and we can have a head start.
That is a good idea. But wouldn't there be incompatibility issues when jumping from the 1.4.5 overworld to the 1.4.2 age?

Oen

Jul 29, 2019
I will take a look around for ya. Thanks for enabling HTTP!

I am buying a laptop for an upcoming deployment, anyone have some tried and true experience with laptops running FTB/Minecraft? I am exploring the MSI GT70, or an Asus both I think have 2.4 GHz i7's with 20gb ram. Thoughts? I had a Toshiba "gaming" laptop a while back and will never buy another Toshiba...

Warmastr
Hey War, I actually only play FTB/Minecraft on a MacBook Pro and I usually have little to no lag and 60 Fps with optifine (Intel i5 (3rd Gen) 2.5 GHz (Can be turbo boosted to 3.1 GHz)) 4Gb RAM Click HERE for more info if you are interested in my specs. yea so I think laptops are under rated :)[DOUBLEPOST=1355795867][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is a good idea. But wouldn't there be incompatibility issues when jumping from the 1.4.5 overworld to the 1.4.2 age?
Well, i dont think so because in regular minecraft we updated from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 without having to reset the map or anything and the 1.4.2 age would just be updated to 1.4.5 i think but wouldn't have redpower properties to it

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i dont think so because in regular minecraft we updated from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 without having to reset the map or anything and the 1.4.2 age would just be updated to 1.4.5 i think but wouldn't have redpower properties to it

Well I don't mind giving it a go. Let me look into changing the default gamemode and spawn for a specific age.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever chunks are loaded in the over world will not have RP2 features. Once new chunks are generated with the update, the new chunks will have the new features/ores etc.

Warmastr[DOUBLEPOST=1355797701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey War, I actually only play FTB/Minecraft on a MacBook Pro and I usually have little to no lag and 60 Fps with optifine (Intel i5 (3rd Gen) 2.5 GHz (Can be turbo boosted to 3.1 GHz)) 4Gb RAM Click HERE for more info if you are interested in my specs. yea so I think laptops are under rated :)[DOUBLEPOST=1355795867][/DOUBLEPOST]

I like the macbooks but the prices are outrageous :/ I would spend close to $2500 to get the same specs I can find in a PC for $1600, and I can't find the same specs in a macbook(no more than 8gb ram?) They are nice though. It is good to hear that you can play with those speeds with a laptop! Thanks for chiming in.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I am willing to go for the survival age idea and create an age that would be transfered over once the 1.4.5 server files are released. HOWEVER, this will require that I generated a new world as gamemode survival. Otherwise, people could just use creative to cheat themselves items into the survival world. Unless if someone does not want this then this is what I will do. I will wait some time to see if anyone objects.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes sir it is! You will spawn within a reinforced stone building that has an age book that will take you to New Overworld; the age that will be transferred to 1.4.5 (assuming that will be possible).

Reactions: Willibilly19