The Facility by Boss: A Resonant Rise Building Adventure

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This is my Facility. There's lots of work to be done, but at least I'm inside a building instead of a cave now!

nu8pYCz.jpg

An aerial shot. Massive landscaping & terraforming are on the agenda
vo9FVRi.jpg

I really built a large tiered box, so I attempted to smooth the edges a bit
M6f91rq.jpg

Main entrance. I derp at Redstone so Twilight Forest helped me out.
TtoinUth.jpg

The main floor and arcane levitator lift
vekevDx.jpg

Originally the wooden deck wasn't there but the room felt cold so I built this up using redwood and microblocks. Thanks to poppycocks for helping me source the materials! I also have basic TE machines & a simple AE storage system.
uItEzZU.jpg

My Thaumcraft area. Its cluttered and I feel that suits the mod's aesthetics.
m4aWmrP.png

My minions. I offered them a dental plan but they said they'd work for Vis
5C2r1Xy.png

The basement. Originally I built this base to house those two large steel tanks. I moved them into this basement and they're no longer my focus. The floor is made of Underground Biomes basalt bricks. Have you noticed How much glowstone was used in this base?
nYBa3CF.jpg

My back yard & golem garden.
47QSkg5.jpg

There are more pics at this link http://bossredranger.imgur.com/all/

I really love the unique stones and materials offered by Underground biomes, Biomes o Plenty, and the other mods in the RR pack. I decided to use mainly Red Rock & vanilla based stone because I was lacking in materials and my vision grew a lot during this build.

I plan to update this thread as more changes occur. Thanks for checking it out!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing work! You really got a lot of mileage out of microblocks there, it works really well.

I don't think there is many if any mirco blocks in his builds. Its mostly slab, stairs, and fence posts.

Its a really nice build but yeah I don't think he did a lot with microblocks.

Reactions: RedBoss

Lambonia

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice base RB :) I'll have to come visit next time I'm online :D

The columns were microblocks in his TE room, unless I am mistaken

the only microblocks I can see is the base of the wooden pillar on the left of this image:

uItEzZU.jpg

the stone ones can be done with stairs

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone

Just the bevels on the redwood support columns are microblocks. Wait, the Staircase contains some microblock slab strips since heart of redwood planks do not have stairs. The columns themselves are full blocks of redwood bark. Everthing else is half slabs, blocks, fences, and stairs.

D

Deleted member 38496

Holy crap, I love how you did the outside with the overhangs and recessed windows. I tried to make a similar tiered base recently, but it just ended up as a bunch of basalt brick cubes stacked on top of each other

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, I love how you did the outside with the overhangs and recessed windows. I tried to make a similar tiered base recently, but it just ended up as a bunch of basalt brick cubes stacked on top of each other

the recessed windows is a fairly easy trick you can do yourself. I am fairly sure those a stairs and glass panes.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like this is some sort of 80's montage with you training me in the ways of the builder
Wow! That is some base! I'd be verrrry happy if I was 20% of the skill of you at building!

I have some really simple starter advice for people wanting to make things more creatively. I talked about it in the start of my Shoop Resonant Rise thread. Mock up builds... I can not recommend this more as it is honestly one of the easiest to do and most effective at helping you find your a guess we could call it building muse?

Boot up a test world creative. And start with something easy like the dreaded 9x9 that everyone seems to fall into. Now here is my basic learn to style trick that I do. Build it a bunch more times but don't use the same combination of blocks. After a bit you will start to find combinations that you find nice looking. The next project would be to take that style you just made and build a mock up of a empty base. Say 3 9x9s connected with short hall ways. Build one with your new style blocks. Now build a couple more the rule here is to try out different styles of blocks like adding stairs or half slabs. Just try different things. After about you will have a fairly nice idea of both a combinations of block types and styles you like. The whole point here is creative allows you to experiment with things you might not do it normal play. And you want to get comfortable with the idea that if you get stuck creatively on the form of a build popping over to a creative world is ok. And the more to do that the more you build you play book of styles.

Reactions: Redweevil

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I have some really simple starter advice for people wanting to make things more creatively. I talked about it in the start of my Shoop Resonant Rise thread. Mock up builds... I can not recommend this more as it is honestly one of the easiest to do and most effective at helping you find your a guess we could call it building muse?

Boot up a test world creative. And start with something easy like the dreaded 9x9 that everyone seems to fall into. Now here is my basic learn to style trick that I do. Build it a bunch more times but don't use the same combination of blocks. After a bit you will start to find combinations that you find nice looking. The next project would be to take that style you just made and build a mock up of a empty base. Say 3 9x9s connected with short hall ways. Build one with your new style blocks. Now build a couple more the rule here is to try out different styles of blocks like adding stairs or half slabs. Just try different things. After about you will have a fairly nice idea of both a combinations of block types and styles you like. The whole point here is creative allows you to experiment with things you might not do it normal play. And you want to get comfortable with the idea that if you get stuck creatively on the form of a build popping over to a creative world is ok. And the more to do that the more you build you play book of styles.

really good advice, I'll have a go at this next time I boot up MC. And btw, just from looking through these forums, looks like you're one hell of a builder! Your shoopship looks absolutely amazing, and to do that with no automated mining at all is incredibly impressive!

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019

That is...actually great advice. I can't think of any jokes for this so...uh...I guess I'll actually try it! Better than living in a cave my whole life.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
That is such an awesome challenge. I think its a great way of inspiring people to build a bit differently
The "crafting" part of the game doesn't have to be limited to machines and systems. That thread is awesome. I look at the epic builds created in vanilla and there's not a lot of block variety. With modded minecraft there's so much more to build with, I just want to see how much MORE epic a build can get. So many more options.

I hope it encourages people to try something new. Even if it's just making their cave look nice. ;)

Reactions: fergcraft and Saice