The Constant Struggle Against the Spam Bots

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 8

I've reached the bunker. And guess what Morvy found me? My old helicopter! I'll be flying around, spotting bots. Just radio me if you need a pickup. You'll have to be quick though, this thing doesn't have weapons. Yet.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
05/01/0001, S.A. (Spambot Apocalypse)
8:00
I see a bunch of blips on the map now, and I got a transmission from one Exedra and one GPuzzle.
I'll be setting up a hidden base for supplies, with the help of the Conduits, we can grow plants and animals almost instantly.
All that is required is to find somewhere hidden...
That might be a bit harder than I thought.
16:00
I think we've shaken off the Spambots, we called Alex to help us with that.
Now we can find our way to a secret location without the Spambots knowing.
Conduit Leader, On the Move.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 9 I've found a cave, big enough to fly the helicopter into. I've set up a holographic projector to cover the entrance in moss. I have a forcefield set up, but no power. I've set up a small base down here, with a radio station. I've sent a transmission out asking if anyone needs a lift in the chopper, or even a place to stay. No response yet. I've got plenty of food and water. I've set up a mini farm and there's a lake outside which I can filter.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
07/01/0001, S.A.
12:00
We found a secret location, and have hidden Radars from finding the location of our transmissions.
One of our Conduits is helping with that.
I've set some other Conduits on setting up a farm.
The entire base is underground, and so far, it's just a dug up place with supports and a ceiling to stop the sand from falling on us and revealing location.
17:00
I'm now creating metal for weapons, and our non-Conduit soldiers are really smart cookies, so they know how to put weapons together.
We will soon be ready to set out on our first supply trip.
If you hear this transmission, send us a transmission and we will get you some supplies.
Conduit Leader, Conduit Bunker Beta

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 11
I've set up a proxy to reroute the radio signals to somewhere else. Lets just hope no one his there. Also, I found my trusty backpack in the helicopter. Which had my plasma cell! I wondered where that had been! Well, with the plasma cell, I now have limitless power. I send out another transmission.

*BEGIN TRANSMISSION* Gpuzzle, if you're still alive, and if you can hear this, meet me at &@*%+$@*% at $@&+ Make sure no bots see you. I'll pick you and anyone else up, and take you back to base *END TRANSMISSION*

I just hope everyone still remembers the code.[DOUBLEPOST=1372779210][/DOUBLEPOST]
07/01/0001, S.A.
12:00
We found a secret location, and have hidden Radars from finding the location of our transmissions.
One of our Conduits is helping with that.
I've set some other Conduits on setting up a farm.
The entire base is underground, and so far, it's just a dug up place with supports and a ceiling to stop the sand from falling on us and revealing location.
I'm now creating metal for weapons, and our non-Conduit soldiers are really smart cookies, so they know how to put weapons together.
We will soon be ready to set out on our first supply trip.
If you hear this transmission, send us a transmission and we will get you some supplies.
I could use some. Leave them in a ditch and send me the location. Use the old code we used to use.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I could use some. Leave them in a ditch and send me the location. Use the old code we used to use.

11/01/0001 S.A.
I'm assuming you need mostly weapons.
OOC: No Idea of the code... Is it Shift on the numbers?
IC: I've left it in a ditch at !($& and #&)( That shouldn't be far from your location.
I've also left plans for how to attach them to your heli...
I know what it looks like.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 12

I got a message back from Whizz. I flew out my helicopter. I spotted a few bots in the distance, and took them out with my rifle. I attached the machine guns to the sides, and programmed an AI to control them. I also made it control the doors on the back, with a switch in the front. I also attached the missile launchers. I flew back and messaged Whizz.

Thanks for the weapons mate, they'll really come in useful. You don't happen to have a spare fusion coil do you. If so, message be back saying you do, and then meet me at co-ords $@&*%&@ at @:&*pm It'll be worth it I promise.

I then fell asleep, feeling safe in my cave. I had set up a turret at the entrance, incase they got through my shield.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 13

I wake up. No messages. Shit. Well, I might as well fly around and help some people out. I fly up and out of the cave. I fly around for a bit, letting the AI gun down spambots. When suddenly I see something. IT'S WHIZZ! I land nearby and run towards him.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Day 12

I got a message back from Whizz. I flew out my helicopter. I spotted a few bots in the distance, and took them out with my rifle. I attached the machine guns to the sides, and programmed an AI to control them. I also made it control the doors on the back, with a switch in the front. I also attached the missile launchers. I flew back and messaged Whizz.

Thanks for the weapons mate, they'll really come in useful. You don't happen to have a spare fusion coil do you. If so, message be back saying you do, and then meet me at co-ords $@&*%&@ at @:&*pm It'll be worth it I promise.

I then fell asleep, feeling safe in my cave. I had set up a turret at the entrance, incase they got through my shield.

13/01/0001
4:00
I received Exedra's Message.
I'm setting my men on constructing a Fusion Coil.
8:00
I've set out to the Coordinates that Exedra sent me.
I meet him, and hand him the Coil.
Conduit Leader, On the Road

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
shell.run("label set")
label set Eco Greg Omnitool Recursive (66)
while true do protocal 1.6
trutle.wrapLeft
turtle.rednet wait(wait(0.2))
turtle.craft()
forward suck if not then
sleep(0.5)
"wait whats going on here?, why am I seeing code flash by, this cant be last I remember is..oh god no.."
turtle.error(wait(0.5)) = reboot "prints 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1 rebooting"
"no this cant be, I am human I am not a machine"
"think damn it think, okay I am in some cube & its moving, so what now"
"damn I wish I spent more time with Api's, I wonder, just maybe!!"
CTRL+T
turtle.os abort
"now thats buys me a little time I hope, now think damn you think"
"time is limited I guess I can feel rednet scanning me, I better try this fast"
edit startup
shell.run BootThisBaitch
edit BootThisBaitch
refuel all,
turtle.suck()
refuel all
turnright
forward 3
"if I can just make it to taht platebending machine just maybe"
turtle.attack()
end
"here goes nothing"
reboot
startup run BootThisBaitch
forward
"good god its working"
forward
"no you dont rednet, too late hahhahaaahaaaa"
forward
turtle.attack

A lone villager looks to the tiny glow on the twilight horizon, shrugs & goes back to tending his crops.
Fixed it for you.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 14 Excellent, the fusion coil. Now all I need is an ion damper field generator, a clear-hex triad oscillator, and a tungsten double-acid rod to power it. I remember where to find one, and fly out to the old forum game base. Thank god the power rod is still there. I place it in my backpack. I contact whizz about what he's using to disguise the base. I hope he's using a clear-hex triad oscillator, or atleast knows how to make one. I fly back home and go to sleep. Soon, it will be complete.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Day 14 Excellent, the fusion coil. Now all I need is an ion damper field generator, a clear-hex triad oscillator, and a tungsten double-acid rod to power it. I remember where to find one, and fly out to the old forum game base. Thank god the power rod is still there. I place it in my backpack. I contact whizz about what he's using to disguise the base. I hope he's using a clear-hex triad oscillator, or atleast knows how to make one. I fly back home and go to sleep. Soon, it will be complete.

14/01/0001 S.A.
I'm using a specific EMP Conduit to block all Spam Bot Signatures, to prevent them from finding our location.
Anyone else can see right through.
Sadly, I only have one.
What I can give you is the Oscillator.
Meet me at the previous Coordinates tomorrow at 17:00.
Conduit Leader, Conduit Bunker Beta[DOUBLEPOST=1372783048][/DOUBLEPOST]14/01/0001 S.A.
18:00
Our Conduits have set up a positive infinite power loop, in that the plants and animals they grow using Conduit Power provide enough energy to replenish their power quickly, and more!
That way instead of having to wait for the power to replenish, we can go all day.
I wouldn't overwork them, though.
We are thinking of setting up Ethanol Power, instead of also using Conduit Power to power the bunker.
Seriously, we can't just rely on People Power.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 12, 4 days on the road.
It isn't going to take long until we are able to escape this place. I can see Lawbroken's fence around here.
We're hitting the border.
Whizz is supplying stuff to Exedra, no sign of Moped or Choc or Morgs.
And this base is our last stop before we head into the Community Showcase.
By the way, it's my time to drive.
If anybody recieves this transmission - we are at post 1 of the No Topic Thread.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
13/01/0001 S.A.
Received GPuzzle's transmission.
GPuzzle, if you are in any need of supplies, come to these coordinates: #^@(& and *!)#% after telling me what you need.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 14. I picked up the oscillator from Whizz. He has no idea how much this is going to help. I fly back over to where Gpuzzle said he was, with gas, food and water. I hope he's still there.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 15.
Whizz and Ex's transmissions reached me.
We decided to see what was in the building, and it was a spambot.
J captured him, and for all I know, we have 4 days until this base is attacked.
We need help ASAP - this single spambot is a pain in the ass to hold alone.
An army of them?
If we find one, we're screwed.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 15 I arrive at Gpuzzles location. "Don't worry my helicopter should protect you. Here, have some supplies, they're in the back. I can give you a lift anywhere if you want. This thing should carry the jeep, I modified the rotors."