The ComputerCraft Games [Recruitment/Testing Phase]

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
that doesn't account for if the player leaves in the middle of the game. I was already going to do that when the game finishes.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
that doesn't account for if the player leaves in the middle of the game. I was already going to do that when the game finishes.
oh, well how about putting a pressure plate wher the player is supose to spawn that connects to an inverted redstone circuit so that if a player leaves they both leave and it resets the game

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So I am officially opening this map for recruiting, these are the following people I need:

Server Owner (so we can work on the map together, does not have to be the server owner once the map is finished)
Some Builders/Designers (people who can design different areas based around of the specs i say, these specs could be it must fit these monitors in and these buttons)
Some Coders

Some prerequisites for each:
Server Owner:
Must be able to run the server with at least 2GB RAM between the times of 7AM AEST - 10PM AEST
some leeway can be given for these times, but the server needs to be open for the times I am awake which is usually between those times
You will get extra points if its an Australian or New Zealand server, but as long as the latency is not terrible I will accept people from other countries

Builders:
Must be able to work between the times of 7AM - 10PM AEST, 3 hours leeway can be given, but the majority of that time period must be workable (not that i will expect you to work on the map that whole time, but i will expect that we can discuss building things quickly instead of waiting 2 days for us to be on at the same time)
I want people who are good at designing, your criteria for builder must not be that you can build a house in survival, this is a creative world and the buildings must be purely decorative while fitting the actual computercraft game inside

Coders:
Must have similar working times to the builders.
Must have a thorough understanding of programming, lua syntax and the use of command blocks/redstone. Also a good understanding of OpenPeripherals will be cool
Must be able to use the cloud9 editor to work on code with others at the same time. Must have a pastebin account.

All Positions:
Must have a microphone with teamspeak, a gmail account (Google Docs). Age will not be too important, as long as you are able to follow instructions and act maturely you will be fine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Form:
Previous Work (if applicable):
Time I will be available (Give Timezone):

The following applies to servers only
Server Location:
Server Specs:
Hours Server will be up:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will private message people if they are on the team or not. I expect that the official start of the building will be when I have the full team set up and the server going, this could probably take a week or two.

oppositeZERO

Jul 29, 2019
edit: I should learn to read, give me a sec

I can give you a server with 2-4GB of RAM if you need it.

And you're welcome to use our forum & Teamspeak

The following applies to servers only
Server Location: Sydney
Server Specs: Dell R210ii - Intel E3-1220 - 16GB RAM - RAID1 240GB SSD's & RAID1 750GB Backup Drives on a 1gbps Port.
Hours Server will be up: 24/7

Last edited:

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Note on the application form: no name... shouldn't you have name for a whitelist if it is in its building stage?so...
NAME: dark_link5000
Position wanted: Builder(but as i have stated in may other threads i am best at natural terrain design) or Command Block coder(im slightly advanced at it)
Previous Work: Beast Block Beta and 2
Time i will be available:I have a pretty weird schedule this month. So i will be available from 10am to 8pm starting saturday until the 5th of january but after that the weekends will still be 10 to 8 but on business days it is 5pm to 10pm (pacific standard time).

Jstuie

Jul 29, 2019
Application Form:
IGN: jstuie
Position wanted: builder/redstoner/coder
Previous Work (if applicable): Built a small adventure building on a FTB server
Time I will be available (Give Timezone): I am free pretty much anytime other than inbetween 9:30am and 5:00pm GMT on weekdays (and nighttime obviously)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I would apply, but I can't command block, and I don't have a mic.
neither of those things are required for the coder position. I know enough command block to do whatever you need done with them. Plus we can use text chat.

And jstuie, are you able to share something with me that shows you have coding ability? I can't determine your skills by just "I made an adventure map"

Jstuie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i will upload it soon. Also, as replacement for the chat box, put a message box on the terminal glasses

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i will upload it soon. Also, as replacement for the chat box, put a message box on the terminal glasses
oh, i already got that figured out, turns out i can do commands using $$commandhere and it doesnt go to chat but it does go to an event called "chat_command" so i can do a os.pullEvent for that to get text commands. i can also get the user as a parameter so its not gonna be like i use $$clear and everyone's screen is cleared

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Position wanted: Builder
Previous Work : Not much applicable really, but I can decorative decently well. I could also make you a wiki if you like, whether or not you accept me :D
Time I will be available : around 10:00 am - 21:00 pm, not allowing for lunch, then if necessary I can do around 11:30 - 4:00. this is all GMT. However, in the day, i will have to take an hour at three points throughout the day to do some holiday work. I can do this until january the 7th.

Last edited:

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Position wanted: Builder
Previous Work : Not much applicable really, but I can decorative decently well. I could also make you a wiki if you like, whether or not you accept me :D
Time I will be available : around 10:00 am - 21:00 pm, not allowing for lunch, then if necessary I can do around 11:30 - 4:00. this is all GMT. However, in the day, i will have to take an hour at three points throughout the day to do some holiday work. I can do this until january the 7th.
THERES A 21 PM?!?!!? sorry... just wanted to say that

das Kashi

Jul 29, 2019
Soo ... necroing this thread seems somewhat appropriate and ... are you still looking for coders?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking of restarting this once a 1.7 pack is from FTB. So I will keep you in mind for when I start doing that.