The Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry it's been awhile, I have been busy both IRL and FTB!

So what does every island oasis tourist island need? A fancy restaurant!
The restaurant will just be an all around starter base. As you can see I have thaumcraft, tinker's construct and storage all in this one place. I am hoping to move my stuff here soon.
ZmLo0i0.png

Work in progress pictures.

GHVHfMN.png

94kcuC4.png

My thaumcraft stuff junk.

V4vDCtp.png

9Rfxmm5.png

xJ3ETmN.png

My infinite food source.

Eakb13N.png

Tinkers construct junk.

YaA01cU.png

A nice shelving system.

MAm1J0d.png

yJFPCy0.png

My new tools.

1owYvIF.png

Finally got enough wool to finish the seats. I will put some booths or something to fill the rest of the main room.

Unfortunately I have not done much more work on this restaurant because...

I have been addicted to blood magic!

The first time I searched for blood magic, I couldn't find it. Then I realized I didn't have it enabled in the pack. So I enabled it and jumped right in!

3YCLerW.png

0BVl1n2.png

AKcM7Rx.png

RXF6yD6.png

And... the mistake every blood magic noob does...

eqBKFwN.png

So I went to the nether and found... absolutely zot. No mobs at all. I needed a ghast tear for the air sigil from blood magic so having no nether mobs was a problem. I though it was something with lycanites mobs, I enabled it when I enabled blood magic. I disabled it and still nothing. So if you guys know why no mobs are spawning in the nether, please tell me!

I had to cheat.
rWSDVei.png

fWg1aZw.png

gSrYxFS.png

For now I am going to keep my blood magic plans secret, but if you can give me suggestions, that would be great.

As always, tell me what I've done wrong, done right and been a total simpleton about!
Cool stuff :) hope you continue to be awesome

Reactions: Hazard

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic quarrying is fairly awesome :) can do up too 64x64 with a diamond block and silk touch or fortune 3 :) and only takes the ores!
Blood magic quarrying is fairly awesome :) can do up too 64x64 with a diamond block and silk touch or fortune 3 :) and only takes the ores!

That sounds really awesome. I imagine it's some sort of ritual? I'd love to know what it is, I am running low on a lot of ores.

Also, I realized it's past midnight where I live, It's the first of September which is exciting because it's my birthday!
SMpVGdI.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Happy Birthday.

I'm not sure what's up with the lack of mobs. My suspicion, is that you might have too many in chunkloaded areas to allow for spawns in other places. The answer to that is to run the game in peaceful mode for a few minutes then change back to your preferred difficulty.

On the other hand, a fantastic source of Ghast Tears, is the Twilight Forest, and it's Ur-Ghast Towers. They're huge wood towers, and inside there'll be several rooms that have Ghastling Spawners. The little guys do big guy damage, but are typically over areas without lava. You might even be able to get the achievement off of them, but I'm not entirely certain.

Reactions: Hazard

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Happy Birthday.

I'm not sure what's up with the lack of mobs. My suspicion, is that you might have too many in chunkloaded areas to allow for spawns in other places. The answer to that is to run the game in peaceful mode for a few minutes then change back to your preferred difficulty.

On the other hand, a fantastic source of Ghast Tears, is the Twilight Forest, and it's Ur-Ghast Towers. They're huge wood towers, and inside there'll be several rooms that have Ghastling Spawners. The little guys do big guy damage, but are typically over areas without lava. You might even be able to get the achievement off of them, but I'm not entirely certain.

I do want to go to the twilight soon, but I'm not so good in the armor department. If you have suggestions the best armor to use, let me know!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The best armor is probably Blood Armor. You're basically invincible as soon as you put it on, and as long as you have LP. Me, I tend to wear just the pants from Modular Power Suit and a set of Longfall Boots. Leave a battery out of the pants and bring a Flux Capacitor. A Kinetic Generator will make you energy positive as long as you've got it on. If you want more mods, Simply Jetpacks runs on RF, and has armor options.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Do you want to add some mods?

Sent from my GT-I8190N

I wouldn't mind adding some mods. My policy so far has been all or nothing. For forever I just played vanilla, which I still love, but never touched a mod. Really my first time playing with mods was last month. However, I had watched the mindcrackers play a lot so I knew the mods and kinda what they did. I am welcome to new mods I can add. I'm thinking about adding mekanism for the jetpack because I have been warned to avoid IC2 at all costs.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
IC2 isn't too bad. It's mostly tedious more than anything else. The crafting takes forever now.

Modular Powersuits has good, if somewhat expensive flight with it's jetpack. Or slightly cheaper Jetboots, which are pretty good when combined either with the Hanglider, or the MPS wings. Fly way up from the ground, then glide forward. It's also creative mode style, but uses a key other than crouch for downward movement so you can place blocks in the air. Unlike in creative flight, where crouching moves you down...

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 isn't too bad. It's mostly tedious more than anything else. The crafting takes forever now.

Modular Powersuits has good, if somewhat expensive flight with it's jetpack. Or slightly cheaper Jetboots, which are pretty good when combined either with the Hanglider, or the MPS wings. Fly way up from the ground, then glide forward. It's also creative mode style, but uses a key other than crouch for downward movement so you can place blocks in the air. Unlike in creative flight, where crouching moves you down...

I dislike IC2 just for the crafting, it's cool and all, but to many copper wires and RE-battery's for me.

For right now I'm fine with the blood magic air sigil, it's so much fun to use. I should really craft a hang glider to use it with. Later down the line if I need something else I will look into it more.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Air sigil is tons of fun. Definitely worth pairing with the Hang Glider to preserve juice. You're right though, the hang glider is fun. Try out Sigil of the Phantom Bridge if you find yourself in need of more sustained flight. Well, almost flight anyway.

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind adding some mods. My policy so far has been all or nothing. For forever I just played vanilla, which I still love, but never touched a mod. Really my first time playing with mods was last month. However, I had watched the mindcrackers play a lot so I knew the mods and kinda what they did. I am welcome to new mods I can add. I'm thinking about adding mekanism for the jetpack because I have been warned to avoid IC2 at all costs.
Check out ore spawn.
It adds a lot of armors, swords........
Have a great day.

Sent from my GT-I8190N

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I should contribute. Hm....I'm actually, not quite certain to be honest, I've moved on to 1.7 and I don't know if there's any good mods for 1.6 anymore :x

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i play every pack that's available. So im experienced with a lot of mods and packs.

Sent from my GT-I8190N s3 mini

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I decided that I wouldn't play ore spawn when the first thing it said about the mods was it has girlfriends.

I would like to play a 1.7 pack if I find a good one I like. Would I be able to keep my world and update to a 1.7 pack? Right now I'm fine with what I've got, I'm just curious.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
While I've always been of the new version, new world mindset, in 1.7 all the block ids go away, so it's essential to start over.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the transfer over should relatively be alright, just as long as you have most of the worldgen mods thrown along with it. but again, you may have problems with the world, chunk boarders will most definitely be a thing unless you've traveled far out enough to not worry, as vanilla world gen got an overhaul from 1.6 to 1.7