The Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out how to do it. I should have googled it sooner. You have to delete the data from both the player file and the level.dat, if you don't delete it from both then it will copy the data from the intact one.

I ended up just deleting the entire TCResearch file, didn't want to go through 228 entries twice. Now I have a clean Thaumonomicon.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, It's been way too long since I posted. Sorry about that. Time has not been on my side and I really wanted to have some actual progress on my builds. So here it is!

I'll start with the (almost) finished product and work my way down.
i9QgiZo.png

BppAYC3.png

As you can see, the corners aren't done yet. I wasn't sure how to handle them, but they will be finished soon. The outside walls are the same all around, I will change it so it's not one big repeating pattern.

cBoOwa1.png

The outside seating area. Obviously not done yet.

UpJGvWk.png

I have got to move my stuff...

YIqPQrD.png

Ohh... shiny!

eOFuQs5.png

qV5tXHV.png

He would have been a cool attraction for the resort...

adZ8BC3.png

He was right there when I came through of the portal.

h9cQXu2.png

More thaumcraft research made these cool warding stones. Now I don't have to worry about creepers blowing my stuff up!

zU71UVV.png

They anathematize me...

UcQeNXO.png

I plan to have my aura nodes in the rafters/ ceiling of the restaurant.

7noTzpB.png

Great, just what I need. A floating creeper. I installed a arcane levitater to get up and down to my aura nodes, so he is just chillin' there.

I have a question about the nodes. I have heard they can be combined, with the bigger ones taking in the smaller ones, but I don't see that happening here. How do I do that?

m1VQx3w.png

Google is the best. Somebody else had my same problem about the nether mobs. They fixed it by doing /cofh killall. That solved the problem.

CXKEoKM.png

I made a cleaver and put beheading on it so I could get some wither skulls.

The results...
l3oVq5R.png

N0c1sFM.png

hjKsKrC.png

Z0KH75j.png

Q9rB3KM.png

T5U95CI.png

I got 15 skulls. I will tell you that I need them for something involving blood.

Until next time, take care, brush your hai-- wait, no. Uhh, be cool, stay in sch-- eh, forget it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If he's still in 1.6, that's not an issue. And older versions also had combining nodes, so unless he's moved up to 1.7, he's in between versions where it happens.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh okay. I'll look into updating thaumcraft.

I'm still using monster 1.6. I haven't changed anything so far.

Edit: You should have told me there wasn't an update for 1.6.4 thaumcraft... Oh well. It's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Small update.

Here is my new Hammer!
ZtGWvYM.png

MwtfCXT.png

I decided to fortune my nether quarts in my base. Not realizing that even though it had already been picked up AND it's in the overworld, it still blows up.
Rl1QrG8.png

UCi2o70.png

I lost about a stack of nether quarts ore on top of having to remake my iron and gold chests, AND reorganize them, which took about an hour.

Here I demonstrate my wither killing skills.
kotNeDS.png

A2igXek.png

I forgot potions.

MrqkJ1b.png

Managed to kill the first one.

ccHxsQM.png

Dang lava.

7AeOC9b.png

Another one bites the dust.

MuVY2xY.png

Grand total!

mVv9DXJ.png

All the diamonds I found just by branch mining to a space to fight the wither.

tf4p1Ms.png

Ta da!

My deaths:
yPue8Xi.png

cr0efOv.png

VEzQcS4.png

Since I seem to die I lot in these updates, I think from now on I will post my deaths in a spoiler.

Let me know if you liked this mini update or you would like me to just show big progress updates. Either was it will hopefully not be long before the next one. Certainly less the the last one.

I want botania in my pack, for... *cough* blood magic *cough* reasons. How would I go about adding it? Or what is something that gives strong regeneration for pretty cheap?

Thanks for reading!

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Monster has Geostrata which add cave crystals, I think there is one that gives you regen, you could try that

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
yea.... nether ores can be quite dangerous even though it's been silk touched
I learned that the hard way aswell

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hey, if you have to make a tinker tool in the future, when you go to apply modifiers, place a tinker's crafting station next to a Tool Forge. Then you can put the tool in the indicated space on the crafting table, and the modifier around it. (Top left corner for a single modifier.) It makes applying lapis, or redstone or quartz way, way easier. You can set down up to eight blocks at once. Though if you go over, the game glitches and the tool gets stuck with an oversize modifier. Which will let you go over the limit, but I don't know if the game tries to crash or not.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't replied, It's been a busy weekend, but here is another small update.

Something completely unexpected happened in my world.

cQRZhYY.png

A meteor struck. It's in the ONE place on the entire island I would have preferred it not to hit.

VNOSJfG.png

eUUE0KP.png

dG41ulF.png

You have got to be kidding me.

w7egflU.png

93dVRam.png

IrTH4vc.png

yw7k6ye.png

RSyQF89.png

0D99DJX.png

WUsiv6s.png

My theory is that the villager I sacrificed in the blood alter got pissed and called down a freaking meteor to wreck my day. It was only one! Ok, maybe two...

BKHK9bk.png

My healing axe is a life saver. I have probably saved stacks of beef using it with blood magic. It also instantly turns zombie villagers into villagers! I discovered that myself. :)

9Ealoon.png

Who's the schlemiel now, sucker.

Next update is coming soon! Thanks for watching!

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
So I did some research. It turns out that meteors spawn about once a HOUR. Apparently it had nothing to do with blood magic. I read somewhere that sacrificing villagers had undesirable consequences, so I guess that's where that thought came from. I really don't like this meteor thing. It would be fine if it didn't do so much crap to my home, but I'm not really sure what to do now.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think that might be Meteorcraft if it's enabled. Blood Magic meteors have to be called down. Ritual of the Falling Tower I believe.