The Bronze Problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, my server is likely to start over again and we are running heavily modified Minecrack pack now
We want to get 4 bronze from each 3 copper and tin, considering bronze is only used in tools and MMingots
but we also don't want to magically craft bronze from copper and tin ingots, we want to keep the smelting (ind blast or induction smelter), or dust combining method
as I know there is no way to do this, or is there?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
There is a configuration file change to do that. You can find it in the GregTech\GregTech.cgf file, line 90:

B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true

Change that to:

B:ForestryBronzeNerf=false

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
There is a configuration file change to do that. You can find it in the GregTech\GregTech.cgf file, line 90:

B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true

Change that to:

B:ForestryBronzeNerf=false
it only leave the original Forestry recipe there
but I disabled Forestry recipe
I want to get 4 bronze dust from 3 copper and a tin dust, or 4 bronze ingots from 3 copper and a tin ingots in an industrial blast furnace or an induction smelter, which seems more relistics

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I want to get 4 bronze dust from 3 copper and a tin dust, or 4 bronze ingots from 3 copper and a tin ingots in an industrial blast furnace or an induction smelter, which seems more relistics

I am not entirely sure if that is possible, but it is identical, roughly, to turn four ingots of material into four ingots of material versus turn four dust of material into four dust of material, so, realism may need to move aside if you don't want to have half of your possible bronze ingots disappear for no real good reason.

If you find out how to make it work for dusts, tell us, please!

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Not possible. You either get two dust from 3 copper and 1 tin dust, or you get 4 ingots from 3 copper and 1 tin ingots, depending on how you config it. You can make whatever ratio you config for in an induction smelter _but_ it's not required and will work just fine in a crafting square.

Also note that if you return to that ratio, that tin and copper becomes easily dupable if you have GT installed and can't be avoided to the best of my knowledge.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can do that unless IC2 add the config to change it. Btw, If you disable the bronze nerf, copper and tin will not dupable anymore because the centrifuge recipe will also change.

EDIT:
IIRC there's a config to disable bronze production in forestry config (so you can't craft bronze from ingots anymore), unfortunately changing the bronze nerf in GT won't change the output of industrial blast furnace (it remains at 2), it will only revert the said forestry bronze nerf.

Reactions: Guswut