Thaumcraft simple questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Few simple-ish questions for Thaumcraft 4.1;
1. Can the Infusion alter pull through solid blocks? EG: Wood/stone
2. How far away can the Infusion alter actually pull from? has anyone finalized the range? (Last time I asked it was theorized that its max range was about 7 or 8 from the pedestal under the matrix)
3. Whats the range on the Mystical Mirror's functioning as aspect movers? EG: how far can the jars be from the mirror before they will stop being able to be drawn from.
4. How many things are needed to prevent even the most unstable of Infusion recipes from giving off negative effects? For this I think I remember hearing in a video its somewhere around 140ish heads/candles but I can't remember the exact number or video it was mentioned in (I do have Forbidden magic & Thaumic tinkerer in w/ kami activated I have not unlocked everything but I've heard the Kami stuff is pretty insane with instability)

Thanks!
~Zen

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I have literally no knowledge of Thaumcraft 4 though I am excellent at Tech.
I shall BUMP this thread, I don't want your thread to die with no answers.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
first 3 qestions can be checkee in creative in like under 10 min.

As to qestion 4 I would have check I remember seeing specifics somewhere.

Reactions: RealSketch

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
2. How far away can the Infusion alter actually pull from? has anyone finalized the range? (Last time I asked it was theorized that its max range was about 7 or 8 from the pedestal under the matrix)
3. Whats the range on the Mystical Mirror's functioning as aspect movers? EG: how far can the jars be from the mirror before they will stop being able to be drawn from.
4. How many things are needed to prevent even the most unstable of Infusion recipes from giving off negative effects? For this I think I remember hearing in a video its somewhere around 140ish heads/candles but I can't remember the exact number or video it was mentioned in (I do have Forbidden magic & Thaumic tinkerer in w/ kami activated I have not unlocked everything but I've heard the Kami stuff is pretty insane with instability)

Thanks!
~Zen
Just do a 20x20 layer of candles under your altar.

Reactions: RealSketch

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks!
~Zen
1. I'm sure they can. Though, I have never tried or seen it done. You would probably want to see them, to see what amount of essentia are in them. I don't think you can see through blocks with your goggles, so it seems a bit counterproductive to try and do so.

2. This is probably something google can answer quickly.

3. Probably the addition of the two distances on either side of the mirror, summing to a number which is reliant on (2).

4. This doesn't sound fun. I thought that with good alembic management you could prevent all flux. I don't want to deal with wisps on a SKYBLOCK.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
1. I'm sure they can. Though, I have never tried or seen it done. You would probably want to see them, to see what amount of essentia are in them. I don't think you can see through blocks with your goggles, so it seems a bit counterproductive to try and do so.

2. This is probably something google can answer quickly.

3. Probably the addition of the two distances on either side of the mirror, summing to a number which is reliant on (2).

4. This doesn't sound fun. I thought that with good alembic management you could prevent all flux. I don't want to deal with wisps on a SKYBLOCK.
Alembic management? Oh, TC3.
Hahaha
That does not work, alembics have nothing to do with flux

Reactions: RedBoss

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I can give definite answer to questions 1-3 as I have tested them for good 45 min.

No, solid block block essentia flow. However all the essentia needs is one hole in that wall and it will work then. Also in addition essentia is drown out of a jars it just cannot travel to the altar.

12 blocks from pedestal under a matrix. it works like that if pedestal is at x=0,z=0 then as log as jars are within x=12 to x=-12 and z=12 to z=-12 it will work so it doesn't mater if they are diagonal, straight etc. It also works 10 block up y coordinates. So i presume that essentia jars will work with altar in the same radious as crystals and candles work for stability. which is 12 to the sides 10 up and 5 down ausuming there is no walls in between. or wall has a gap.

8 blocks away from the mirror.

I don't think anyone but mod maker knows how it works but here is really good post explaining how symmetry and skulls/candles work http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas..._to_know_how_thaumcraft_infusion_symmetry_is/

Impotent things to know is that skull/candles/crystals can be used interchangeable so you don't have to worry about being symmetrical for skulls only if you run out of them you can just put some candles in corresponding locations and they will do just fine.

I don't know exact numbers but I have seen numerous people claim that having a area 24x24 area of candles under your portal seems to make everything super stable. If not you can always make a cube 24x24x5 under altar and that will take care of it.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I can give definite answer to questions 1-3 as I have tested them for good 45 min.

No, solid block block essentia flow. However all the essentia needs is one hole in that wall and it will work then. Also in addition essentia is drown out of a jars it just cannot travel to the altar.

12 blocks from pedestal under a matrix. it works like that if pedestal is at x=0,z=0 then as log as jars are within x=12 to x=-12 and z=12 to z=-12 it will work so it doesn't mater if they are diagonal, straight etc. It also works 10 block up y coordinates. So i presume that essentia jars will work with altar in the same radious as crystals and candles work for stability. which is 12 to the sides 10 up and 5 down ausuming there is no walls in between. or wall has a gap.

8 blocks away from the mirror.

I don't think anyone but mod maker knows how it works but here is really good post explaining how symmetry and skulls/candles work http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas..._to_know_how_thaumcraft_infusion_symmetry_is/

Impotent things to know is that skull/candles/crystals can be used interchangeable so you don't have to worry about being symmetrical for skulls only if you run out of them you can just put some candles in corresponding locations and they will do just fine.

I don't know exact numbers but I have seen numerous people claim that having a area 24x24 area of candles under your portal seems to make everything super stable. If not you can always make a cube 24x24x5 under altar and that will take care of it.
Also I forgot, if you have Technimancy ORDERLY LAMPS!

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
To answer question 4, I think the correct answer is 150 "magical paraphanelia" arranged in a symmetrical fashion around the altar. I was going to link that reddit post, actually, but @Feniks beat me to it.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking