Thaumcraft Research Roadblock

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like in my Thaumcraft research, I've hit some sort of a roadblock

I know i haven't researched everything (looked up on the wiki to check) but when I put in my aspects, all I'm doing is wasting items, no research theories are coming up.

I've done up to the theory of everything, so it's not that tiers of research are restricting me, but I just can't seem to move forward at all..

Is this a bug, or something that I may have overlooked?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I tried the knowledge fragments, and got a research out of that

The wiki says that I have research available to do by aspect, however I tried a creatively spawned thaumonomicon on a different world, and there wasn't anything that I didn't have.. so does that mean the wiki is wrong?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What does the wiki claim you should be able to research that you aren't getting?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
what you could do is change the setting so you can cheat in a full thaumonomnomnom in a test world, and see what you still have left.
do remember ot change the setting back afterwards or your thaumonomnomnom in your normal world will also have all research available.

the reason why I did this because it's a pain that TC3 doesn't tell you how much of the total research you've finished, you're just wasting items for nothing.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yusunoha, he did that already, and it doesn't show anything left.

He is confused because he apparently found something on a wiki which says otherwise.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yusunoha, he did that already, and it doesn't show anything left.

He is confused because he apparently found something on a wiki which says otherwise.

yep, I was blind, sorry for not having noticed that post.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The wiki says I still have the Magic mirror and hand magic mirror to go, I probably won't ever use them considering i have a system set up already, but I want them anyway..

It also said about the thaumic bees and related research, but then I think our server doesn't have the add-on which allows that, so that explains that one.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ah k, we've had trouble with updating the modpack for the server, and don't particularly want to do every individual mod, as this involves a lot of work for the server admin and they don't really want to do that.

Thanks for that information though, I guess I'll stop wasting resources on research by aspect then ^^