Thaumcraft Dungeons

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mrdeano

Jul 29, 2019
hi im playing the new monster pack 1.1.0 and i have made 5 worlds and i can not find No Thaumcraft Dungeons at all and one tell me why?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Dungeons are not super common; in fact, IIRC they only can spawn with a sinister node, so the less common "unusual nodes" are, the less you will find*. Plus I've only ever found them in mostly flat locations, so places like plains or taiga biomes. You do mean the barrows, yes? Those are the only TC dungeons I know of(which is a shame).

*if I understand correctly

Reactions: Padfoote

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any in a few worlds either. Not just Barrow Hills though, but the wisp spawning alter-like things. Hell, i haven't seen more than two totem poles in quite some time. I didn't realize this until i found it impossible to make the thaumic tinkerer enchanting set up.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
so have they turned down the spawning of them?

I don't think so. In my world I have about 10 of the wisp spawners within about a 500 block area. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so. In my world I have about 10 of the wisp spawners within about a 500 block area. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't.
Now that i think about it, do they spawn in Biomes O` Plenty biomes? That might be why i haven't seen any for a few worlds.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Now that i think about it, do they spawn in Biomes O` Plenty biomes? That might be why i haven't seen any for a few worlds.

I think they do. My world is BoP, and I've found all of these spawners within a single mountain biome. I'm not 100% sure what biome it is though.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
They do. In fact, those wisp spawning structures are actually pretty common in BoP mountainous biomes for me. More so then in vanilla Extreme Hills, anyway.(also helps that BoP has more of those types of biomes then vanilla since vanilla has only Extreme Hills yet BoP has a handful of them)

Personally I've found more of the hilltop spawner ones in ATG worlds then anywhere else. More Barrows in vanilla then anywhere else as well. They spawn in two vastly different type of locations. BoP has less flat areas then vanilla that are grassy, so less of them in BoP, and ATG is almost purely hilly(by default; gonna change that for my install), so finding hilltop spawners is easier there.

Reactions: Padfoote

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I posted about a similar problem in this thread.
This problem still persist for me. While I have encountered the dungeons (though much, much fewer than in my 1.5 worlds) and I can find the single totems easy enough, I Have yet to find any ruins (the wisp spawner structures) in any of my BoP worlds. If I generate an ATG world I find them as often as I used to in my 1.5 worlds.