Thaumcraft Crimson Rites book question

Valastro

Jul 29, 2019
So at this point I've done all the research except that which is associated with the Crimson Rites book. The book tells me it's currently disabled and I don't get the Opening the Eye research note. How do you enable the book to get the research? I can't find it in my server configs.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So at this point I've done all the research except that which is associated with the Crimson Rites book. The book tells me it's currently disabled and I don't get the Opening the Eye research note. How do you enable the book to get the research? I can't find it in my server configs.
Are you running the latest version of Thaumcraft? IIRC it's 4.2.3.4...? Anywho, the crimson rites book should drop from a crimson cultist/knight every so often (but semi-rarely). You can usually find them clustered around those new dark node obelisk structures.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Have you unlocked the Eldritch tab in the manual yet? Also, as mentioned above, what version are you on? The version in DW20 modpack 1.01 doesn't have the latest Thaumcraft with the Eldritch dimension.

If you don't have the Eldritch tab yet, just make flesh golems until you get there. The sanity checker will eventually be unlocked, and you can use that to track your progress.