[Thaumcraft 4] Infusion Altar stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekolo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the Infusion Altar. I am using version 1.09 of the Direwolf20 modpack. At first the altar was fully functional and I have a handful of items from it including my thaumium wand caps and my osmotic enchanter. However, every once in awhile it will stop working. Sometimes breaking the whole thing down and rebuilding it works but recently not even that is helping. There is nothing in the log file and everything seems fine with my set up. Picture here:

2014-01-03_00.25.11.png

Here I am trying to make a travelling trunk. I know the Altar is close enough to those warded jars, and I even put down the golem correctly by shift clinking on the pedestal instead of just dropping him. I've tried remaking my boots of the traveler and my sword to no effect. I've even tried rolling back the mod pack to 1.6 where I know for certain the altar worked but with no results. I am sad and confused.

thekolo

Jul 29, 2019
Upon further testing I've discovered that making one in a different world using creative mode works, as does moving the entire structure to the other end of my house, and in the field outside my house. Essentially the infusion altar works everywhere except my thaumcraft room and I have no idea why.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
What's not working? Is the altar not beginning the infusion process? Is it not accepting any essences from the jars?

thekolo

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus I can't believe I forgot to add that in. Nothing happens when I smack it with the wand. The infusion process simply fails to start. It isn't even the chunk the altar is on because I have a sky base so the altar is around z lvl 150. When I rebuilt it directly below its original spot at z lvl 64 it works just fine. It is a bizarre problem that seems impossible to replicate.

Reactions: Succubism

kdefinition

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried breaking my setup down; I want to avoid it if I can. Mine stopped working after I failed crafting the Osmotic Enchanter, twice. Instability killed a reagent, computer locked up, and flux went everywhere, twice. I rebuilt the center alter, and it reformed like normal, but refuses to begin the infusion. Is there some invisible block or flux related thing getting in the way, I wonder?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Upon further testing I've discovered that making one in a different world using creative mode works, as does moving the entire structure to the other end of my house, and in the field outside my house. Essentially the infusion altar works everywhere except my thaumcraft room and I have no idea why.
did you keep same asymmetrical pattern when tried it in other places? because asymmetry of the altar and items for fusion might be the reason.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus I can't believe I forgot to add that in. Nothing happens when I smack it with the wand. The infusion process simply fails to start. It isn't even the chunk the altar is on because I have a sky base so the altar is around z lvl 150. When I rebuilt it directly below its original spot at z lvl 64 it works just fine. It is a bizarre problem that seems impossible to replicate.
Have you tried using it at the same y level elsewhere? It sounds like this may be an issue caused by being above y level 128

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
Same problem here. Everything is build like requested. I even crafted some items before at the exact same altar. But now, a day later, nothing works. I tried to rebuild it at the same position - nothing. Rebuild at a close position - nothing. Only if I build it around ~25 blocks away from the old place the altar starts to run properly. The bad thing is: I build my very base around the altar and it would be a hell of a pinch for me to rebuild everything.

Anyone knows of a way to fix this?

Greetings,
Linte

kdefinition

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished filling up all the empty spaces in my infusion room with cobble, equal traded em to sand and cleared it out. Next attempt at infusion actually worked. So I think it might be some invisible block problem, possibly created by instability and flux.

thekolo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using it at the same y level elsewhere? It sounds like this may be an issue caused by being above y level 128

Well it worked just find at first. I had quite a few infusion crafted gizmos before it suddenly stopped functioning. I've since rebuilt the setup in a different area of my house and it continues to work just fine, it is even higher than before now. While I didn't have any failed infusions I did have a couple of rough ones, like the purple goo appearing and stuff like that. I suspect that there may be an invisible block issue going on. Something that is interfering with the altar starting the fusion process but not enough to keep the multiblock from forming.

The symmetry shouldn't be a factor because where the pillars are should have no bearing on if the altar will start the infusion process of not but I always keep the same altar set up. I've broken it down and rebuilt it so many times that it is habit at this point.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for bumping this, but since quite a few people have asked I think I've found out what the issue is. The issue is if you have pedestals with objects on nearby, at least that gave the same symptoms for me. Had a thaumonomicon on a pedestal in my research room next to the infusion room and that made the infusion altar stop working.

kittenofhell

Jul 29, 2019
i have found the problem. the items that you use have to be completely new. they cannot have any durability off of them.

Otaku108

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for bumping this, but since quite a few people have asked I think I've found out what the issue is. The issue is if you have pedestals with objects on nearby, at least that gave the same symptoms for me. Had a thaumonomicon on a pedestal in my research room next to the infusion room and that made the infusion altar stop working.
omg ty so very much! My friends and I were completely stumped... this fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.