[Thaumcraft 4] Good sources of primal aspects?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, I've been working in Thaumcraft lately, trying out all the new things that have been added (the first time I've played it since warp was introduced) and I find myself running low on primal aspects for research, primarily Aqua, Ordo, and Aer. Is there any way to efficiently get all these aspects back? And if destruction tables are the best option, what items would be best for each of the primal aspects?

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Decon table would probably be your best bet. As for what to feed it, crafting tables are your best bet. 100% chance of any of the primals iirc.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Apples also work decently in the deconstruction table (maybe 1 in 3). Scan every node you can get your 'ometer on (they give 10-25% back as research aspects?). Its almost worth making a flat dimension solely for a node run.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
If you want specific aspects,

* Ordo - chiseled stone bricks
* Aer - sugarcane

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Its almost worth making a flat dimension solely for a node run.
I always make a flat Mystcraft mining world for my quarries etc.(I hate ruining the overworld.). This doubles perfectly for finding lots of nodes easily to scan/bottle/whatever.
I also find that nodes are quite easy to spot on water with JourneyMap in night mode(the light they emit is easy to spot and there are no other sources on water to confuse them with).

Never had a problem with research points because of it and scanning other things.

D

dd84ai

Yeah. Ten whisperweeds from botania will give you around 1000 aspects of research for water, air, order, fire, perditio, earth after 30 minutes.