Thaumcraft 4 - A quick way to discover all aspects (updated for 4.2):

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I was under the impression that Superbia was Vacuous and Volatus?
Me too, but I decided to go double check on the thread for Forbidden Magic. I guess it was changed.

EDIT oh wait I got it mixed up with invidia. Oops

Painstouch

Jul 29, 2019
The guide is still current and I thank you for it! Worked like a charm.

There is some name changes for aspects, but the necessary steps are still valid!

rasamalai

Jul 29, 2019
Something may have changed since the last update, I can't scan a grass block following these steps. If there's an updated guide somewhere I'd really appreciate it!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Are you sure you made Victus, or scan oysters, blood orbs or tainted stuff once you got precanteo.

eaglesword

Jul 29, 2019
Updated for Thaumcraft 4.2

Start by combinig Aqua and Terra in the "Research Table" to get Victus.
There is no easy way to scan for Victus (at least that I know of) and it is a prerequisite for a lot of other aspects. While you're at it, combine Aer and Aqua to make Tempestas, the weather aspect, it's not a prerequisite for other aspects but since you can't scan the weather, you'll have to combine it anyway. (Weather you like it or not)

[/SPOILER]
Anybody (who sees some value in these guidelines) is free to include them in their own Guide, repost them, or do whatever they want with it.

-> just scan clouds to get Tempestas :)

Heaven Of Angels

Jul 29, 2019
grass blocks do not seem to be able to be scanned following the list, i guess thats what the victus creation is for?

Last edited:

Zarius

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see it on any of the responses, so just a quickie: VICTUS = WHITESTONE. Specifically, I used the Cobble Whitestone. Tempestus literally has no items that contain it, even through centrifuge, so research it is.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You don't need to discover aspects in thaumcraft 5. Tempestas is only found (rarely) on nodes, or natura clouds.

M

Morpheus1101

I've used this for 4.2.3.5 an its accurate for using it in FTB Infinity .. only thing is im missing 3 Aspects and im unsure to what they are

A

A queer pot of pot

I'm pretty sure that you can also scan an egg to get Limus?