Thaumcraft 4.1 Nodes merging, is still possibile?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Very VERY rare, honestly. Not as rare as Unstable nodes AFAIK, but I've seen two out of seemingly thousands. One unstable, mind you.

If you want a hungry node, but can't be arsed to find one proper, use creative mode option; grab a node from either creative mode or NEI, and place down nodes until one is hungry.

Or, just do what @Padfoote said and install one of those mods; I suggest at the very least using Advanced Thaumaturgy to make a node hungry(IIRC it can do this). Also, I suggest that @ThatOneSlowking learn how to use the Warding Focus. Obsidian is for chumps, mate. Why not make anything you want as tough as bedrock until you say otherwise?

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Very VERY rare, honestly. Not as rare as Unstable nodes AFAIK, but I've seen two out of seemingly thousands. One unstable, mind you.

If you want a hungry node, but can't be arsed to find one proper, use creative mode option; grab a node from either creative mode or NEI, and place down nodes until one is hungry.

Or, just do what @Padfoote said and install one of those mods; I suggest at the very least using Advanced Thaumaturgy to make a node hungry(IIRC it can do this). Also, I suggest that @ThatOneSlowking learn how to use the Warding Focus. Obsidian is for chumps, mate. Why not make anything you want as tough as bedrock until you say otherwise?
Portal gun

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft force wrenches at one point could pick up nodes. You could then take those nodes, put into a crafting table and make larger nodes. I don't know if this still works

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, not anymore.
Can't craft them together, or can't pick them up? If the latter, that's totally false, they are in the whitelist, but disabled within the whitelist(likely due to "Balance Reasons", or Azanor requested it).
If the former, d'aww, I missed out on this and I am sad now.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Can't craft them together, or can't pick them up? If the latter, that's totally false, they are in the whitelist, but disabled within the whitelist(likely due to "Balance Reasons", or Azanor requested it).
If the former, d'aww, I missed out on this and I am sad now.
IIRC @Vaygrim had one in his SSP world and he mentioned world corruption concerns with those crafted nodes.