Thaumcraft 3 Question

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ickasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
so im new to thaumcraft, was gunna start learning it.

so the way i play, i always set up my house before i do any mining, or anything.
and after i got my place set up and made my wand, i realized there was no vis in the air for my wand to re-charge.

so is there a way i can create a arua here for me to use or something? or would it be better to just re locate.
id rather not cause i build a rather big bad ass house.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there's a way to (re)generate various things from Thaumcraft in the config files, in case something like this happens.
There are ways to make/ move Aura Nodes, but considering your situation, you'd most likely have to cheat to do so.

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, there is ALWAYS vis. Doesn't matter where you are.
You can INCREASE your aura by aura manipulation* or by silverwood Trees.

*Something like that..

ickasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
well my wand wont rechage, and my silverwood trees wont grow.
im on a server. so ive just been going to spawn to recharge my wand atm

ickasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
well thats what im asking. any way to get more vis here so i can stop going somewhere else to recharge my wand and such

ickasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
so, get the goggles. find the node, and plant some trees? like a line of silverwoods back to my house?

i tried to see how far a node was, useing the thaumometer, i walked a very long way and it never stoped pointing the way i was going.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Incorrect, Aura Nodes do have a range of effect, its pretty large, but if you're outside of said range, its as if there was no Vis at all.

My thoughts are either whoever made the server set the Aura nodes to spawn extremely far apart from each other, or has something like Biomes o' Plenty or some other Biomes mod that does not support Thaumcraft world gen, installed.

Frank de Jong

Jul 29, 2019
You can INCREASE your aura by aura manipulation* or by silverwood Trees.

*Something like that..
There is only vis in the air when there is an aura around.
i had the same problem but i moved an aura to my base using obsidian totems and the crystal core.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Tis possible something screwed up on the server and some aura nodes, or possibly all of them, have been lost. Either that, or the server added Thaumcraft after the world had been explored a bit. Either way, get hold of the server admin, tell him what the problem is, because if something went wonky he will be the only one who can fix it.

Duranis

Jul 29, 2019
We have had this issue on our server. Sometimes aura nodes just vanish, as mentioned above the server admin can change the config to allow aura nodes to regenerate. Other than that you could move an aura node from further out using crystal clusters or plant a series of silverwood saplings to link aura nodes from further out to your base but neither are ideal solutions especially as they can just disappear again.

TC aura nodes just seem to be really bugged :(

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
Also if your base is in a barren area, i.e. desert, there's a chance of having little to no aura. I'm not saying that what you're experiencing isn't a bug, but it could just be that feature.

Maybe ask your admin to just cheat in a Hoe of Growth and use it on your silverwood sapling to jump-start the aura.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, I see that bit of misinformation spread about a lot. A Hoe of Growth will indeed cause a Silverwood sapling to turn into a tree faster than it normally would, but it still does not remove the requirements. You must have at least 100 vis for a sapling to grow, period.

Now, let's just say you have an area a bit away from things that has no aura node nearby, and you want to fix that? It is possible, if not quick. First up, you need to know a) where the nearest node is and b) where the boundary lies between where it will cause a tree to grow and where it does not. To pull this off, you will need Goggles of Revealing and a discharged wand, or a damaged tool with repair, plus a metric shit ton of Silverwood saplings .A Hoe of Growth, preferably with Repair will speed this along.

Walk away from your base, paying attention to the discharged wand, or damaged tool. With no vis nearby, the wand will not charge, or the tool will not self repair. Eventually, you will get close enough to an active node that you will get charging or repairing. Mark that spot, and check the vis in the area, if it is over 100, you are golden. Walk a few steps closer to the active node, and plant a Silverwood sapling. Either Hoe of Growth it, or just wait. When it grows, cut it down, and you will have a new baby node. Now, plant 4 more sapling around that new node, let them grown, cut them down. If you planted them close enough, the new node will have grown to about 200 or so. Mark this node on your map.

Walk back to your base. If you were within 4 or so chunks from your base, you may have gotten lucky and you can pull from that new node inside your base. If not, discharge your wand, and repeat, walking towards the new node. Once you get just inside the point where you can draw from that node, plant a Silverwood sapling and repeat.Eventually you can string nodes as far across the map as you need, or until you get sick of it. Once your base is inside the charging radius, you can, if you like, grow your own personal node right outside using 10 or so sapling crammed fairly close together.

Use your Goggle of Revealing to watch the flux level. If it hits High or Dangerous, go take a break and do something else for a bit, growing Silverwood trees costs quite a bit of vis, and generates a lot of flux. Fequent breaks can keep Bad Things from happening.