Thaumcraft 3 -- 2 Arcane Levitators working independantly [DW20]

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm using this set up here:
It's a pulse extender run to two torches which are inverted when the button is pressed thus activating both arcane levitators. The problem I am having is that I sometimes am propelled to the maximum height of 20 blocks, and sometimes 10. I believe that occasionally the bottom levitator is pulling up from the bottom while the top is propelling me upwards. Is there some mechanic that I can adopt that will coax that bottom levitator to consistently propel me upwards instead flip-flopping its direction?

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
Ah man I wish I knew about that state cell, that takes like 35 blocks worth of redstone and compacts it into a single block.. Thanks for that Celestialphoenix! Well I moved my inverter back a tad and ran cable straight off it and onto the levitators. Every first pulse the levitators receive I am launched 10 blocks. Every pulse after gets me to 20 which is...perturbing :/

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that they behave really weird in this situation, fortunately you don't have to control all levitators. If the top one is disabled, bottom levitators will do nothing to the player.

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that they behave really weird in this situation, fortunately you don't have to control all levitators. If the top one is disabled, bottom levitators will do nothing to the player.
Hey I just tried powering the top block and it seems that I am having better results. I think it was just my poor knowledge of the mechanics of these blocks that was messing this up. Thanks all :)