Thank you RWTema - I love Ender Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of quick questions on the ender quarry:
  • How well does it perform with chests and their contents?

• What does it do with caverns and air spaces - fill them in with dirt or leave them as is?

• How does it handle lava and water?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
  • How well does it perform with chests and their contents?
I think it is supposed to stop if the attached chest is full. Not tried it myself though.
  • What does it do with caverns and air spaces - fill them in with dirt or leave them as is?
It leaves them as they are.
  • How does it handle lava and water?
It ignores them. One thing that I have found to watch out for is block updates causing flow - I used a few stacks of sponges to explore under the lava in the nether looking for sunstone ore, and after running an EQ over some of the same area some of the lava is now flowing. Not a major problem, but I have to tread carefully.

BunnyVulture

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 256x256 EnderQuarry running in the DeepDark right now and it's working great. My previous one I had going there was about 100x100ish and I came out of it with over 1mil cobble and mid teens on each ore. After this one gets done I don't expect a need to quarry for a while, but I I might just use that turtle program to set a new one up. Maybe step it up a notch and run a 1000ish quarry if not more. Other than needing more wood I can't think of a reason not to go big.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 256x256 EnderQuarry running in the DeepDark right now and it's working great. My previous one I had going there was about 100x100ish and I came out of it with over 1mil cobble and mid teens on each ore. After this one gets done I don't expect a need to quarry for a while, but I I might just use that turtle program to set a new one up. Maybe step it up a notch and run a 1000ish quarry if not more. Other than needing more wood I can't think of a reason not to go big.
...How are you getting cobble while using the EnderQuarry? It's supposed to mine ores and ores alone.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
No it mines everything but plants and fluids. Except ore berry bushes it does mine those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I.. what. No. Just...
mlfw9584-9oMBp.png

Reactions: kaovalin

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I.. what. No. Just...
Everything but dirt. What's the alternative? You have to pick a single block that it doesn't mine, and that it replaces everything with, for simplicity and perfirmance. Smooth stone is a possible candidate, I suppose, the only substantive reason I can see againt it is that retro ore gen replaces smooth stone, and with dirt you know that isnt going to happen. Also ExU has a use (and a solution) for ridonkulous amounts of cobble.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Everything but dirt. What's the alternative? You have to pick a single block that it doesn't mine, and that it replaces everything with, for simplicity and perfirmance. Smooth stone is a possible candidate, I suppose, the only substantive reason I can see againt it is that retro ore gen replaces smooth stone, and with dirt you know that isnt going to happen. Also ExU has a use (and a solution) for ridonkulous amounts of cobble.

And there is also the trashcan and filter pipes in EU as well. So handling lots of cobble is not a problem by the time you get to a ender quarry.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, maybe everything except dirt, cobblestone, sand, gravel, and smooth stone?
You don't HAVE to pick a SINGLE block it doesn't mine. You don't even have to pick HALF A DOZEN blocks it doesn't mine. But personally I thought the killer app of this thing was that it mines Ores and ignores junk.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, maybe everything except dirt, cobblestone, sand, gravel, and smooth stone?
You don't HAVE to pick a SINGLE block it doesn't mine. You don't even have to pick HALF A DOZEN blocks it doesn't mine. But personally I thought the killer app of this thing was that it mines Ores and ignores junk.
Just use Mekanism's digital miner. It mines whatever you want it to, replaces it with whatever you want it to, and ignores everything else.

thewindmillman

Jul 29, 2019
I set an Ender Quarry running in the Nether last night. To my surprise it dug up a small amount of cobblestone, about one and a half stacks compared to 15 stacks of netherrack in the short time that I watched it. Any ideas where the cobble is coming from? I've not seen any stone in the nether, and I'm pretty sure it hadn't chewed through anything that I had built.

I'm pretty sure i know where this is from, but I could be wrong. If you also have whatever causes the flat bedrock installed, I remember playing a pack with it once and it replaced the uneven bedrock in the nether with stone instead of netherrack.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure i know where this is from, but I could be wrong. If you also have whatever causes the flat bedrock installed, I remember playing a pack with it once and it replaced the uneven bedrock in the nether with stone instead of netherrack.

COFH Core enables that (optionally).

Dr. Oshawott

Jul 29, 2019
How would I output items from it? I'm not using tesseracts, don't quite have the enderpearls so make them. I tried connecting both buildcraft pipes and itemducts but they don't connect to the Ender-Quarry.
Is it necessary to either have a tesseract or chest over it?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
How would I output items from it? I'm not using tesseracts, don't quite have the enderpearls so make them. I tried connecting both buildcraft pipes and itemducts but they don't connect to the Ender-Quarry.
Is it necessary to either have a tesseract or chest over it?

Chest. Itemducts technically aren't inventories.