Thank you RWTema - I love Ender Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure i know where this is from, but I could be wrong. If you also have whatever causes the flat bedrock installed, I remember playing a pack with it once and it replaced the uneven bedrock in the nether with stone instead of netherrack.
Ah, I get it now! When I first read this, I thought "why would the quarry be replacing bedrock with stone?" D'oh! OK, I'll have a look down at bedrock and see if there's a raggedy load of stone.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
But the fences...... Ohhh the fences....

It is a great upgrade to the quarry, but I think it should eat some of its haul to make up for all the dirt it puts down.

I've been wondering what all those fences are that I see way up in the sky in the mining world. I suppose I should attempt to learn about this Ender Quarry thing. If it is pulling out all the blocks and replacing them with dirt... wow. I actually just sit and watch the Buildcraft quarry working sometimes (I'm a simple person I guess with a simple mind). I enjoy watching stuff work and do its thing. Not sure I like this trend of "less lag" - so we get quarries that don't do anything, pipes that don't show fluids, itemducts that don't show items... sigh

Reactions: immibis

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering what all those fences are that I see way up in the sky in the mining world. I suppose I should attempt to learn about this Ender Quarry thing. If it is pulling out all the blocks and replacing them with dirt... wow. I actually just sit and watch the Buildcraft quarry working sometimes (I'm a simple person I guess with a simple mind). I enjoy watching stuff work and do its thing. Not sure I like this trend of "less lag" - so we get quarries that don't do anything, pipes that don't show fluids, itemducts that don't show items... sigh
Or we have pipes that show fluids, itemducts that show items... sigh
Really, if you don't like it, don't play with it.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019

Yea... I hate it when mods are optermised to allow for less lag. PFfffff I was much happier when 10+ people had chunkloaded pumps in the nether and everyone could leave 64x64 holes full of flowing water blocks across the landscape. Now it is almost too easy running a server, bring back the good old days when I had to reset the mining world every week and watch helplessly as my server was bought to its knees by people that don't know how to play efficiently.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I enjoy watching stuff work and do its thing. Not sure I like this trend of "less lag" - so we get quarries that don't do anything, pipes that don't show fluids, itemducts that don't show items... sigh
I think it's a wonderful design decision that the cheapest TE3 ducts are the more efficient opaque ones, and if you want the extra aesthetics (and CPU/bandwidth cost) of items being rendered then you have to pay a cost for it. A lot of people will just stick with the cheaper items, especially if they are behind walls. Which reminds me, I just ran an item duct down through the landscape from my bean farm to my underground thaumcraft room, and I used transparent ducts for it. I should go replace them with opaque ones, and just leave the transparent ones where I can see them.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
How would I output items from it? I'm not using tesseracts, don't quite have the enderpearls so make them. I tried connecting both buildcraft pipes and itemducts but they don't connect to the Ender-Quarry.
Is it necessary to either have a tesseract or chest over it?

Have you tried transfer pipes attached to a transfer node? I am pretty sure ExU pipes will work on an ExU quarry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
I like that there are options. If performance is an issue, use the opaque versions, but if you can support the performance cost and want the aesthetics, the transparent ducts are still in the game.

xWHITExXxNinJa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite a fan of ExU lag reducing versions of the old methods of rescource collection. I prefer to use them as it is less strain on servers which in essence makes for a better experience for players. So the expense/loss of the cool effects is well worth it. In particular with mass resource collection like quarries. (But thaumcraft arcane bore particle effects are to cool to be replaced:p)

Reactions: Dkittrell

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, unlike BC quarries, the Ender quarry turns itself off when the inventory it is attached to is full. It still uses power but stops mining and won't spit out anything onto the ground.

Didn't know that. I've never been clumsy enough to run out of storage.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to try that, thanks for the suggestion.
This should work since they have in inventory in them. I also highly doubt Tema would have made his quarry not work with his pipes. Tesseracts also work. Best part of them is that they can provide power and take the items.