Thank you RWTema - I love Ender Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I thought you meant making the "outline" out of angel blocks xD. I take my statement back.
Now, if you made yourself some multipart fences made of gold blocks, you'd have both a bling'n fence for your quarry and and it would cost a LOT of gold. Assuming you don't make a tiny quarry.

Reactions: Padfoote and dwappo

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Now, if you made yourself some multipart fences made of gold blocks, you'd have both a bling'n fence for your quarry and and it would cost a LOT of gold. Assuming you don't make a tiny quarry.
I would wonder if that would work, and if they still count as fences. xD, Not a bad idea though.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019

Got gold oreberry bushes, I dont mind showing off my bling

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Given how they were added exactly because of the Ender quarry, I'd be surprised if they didn't work.
On reddit there was a post because some mod changed vanilla fences and they didn't work anmore. The solution was to use XU fences, so yeah they work

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Wouldnt there be a config file to make quarry replace with cobblestone instead of dirt?
I think it would make sense to replace with a new block that has no use. Call it End Dirt, Filler, Residue, something like that. Although I suppose the advantage of dirt is that if you remove ExU from your world, you don't get an instant huge hole in the landscape.
Is there a max size for the Ender Quarry?
I'd guess that it just needs the entire fence to be chunk-loaded in order for the boundary scan to work, so one-quarter of the player loading area, or more if extended by chunkloaders.

I set an Ender Quarry running in the Nether last night. To my surprise it dug up a small amount of cobblestone, about one and a half stacks compared to 15 stacks of netherrack in the short time that I watched it. Any ideas where the cobble is coming from? I've not seen any stone in the nether, and I'm pretty sure it hadn't chewed through anything that I had built.

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would make sense to replace with a new block that has no use. Call it End Dirt, Filler, Residue, something like that. Although I suppose the advantage of dirt is that if you remove ExU from your world, you don't get an instant huge hole in the landscape.

I'd guess that it just needs the entire fence to be chunk-loaded in order for the boundary scan to work, so one-quarter of the player loading area, or more if extended by chunkloaders.

I set an Ender Quarry running in the Nether last night. To my surprise it dug up a small amount of cobblestone, about one and a half stacks compared to 15 stacks of netherrack in the short time that I watched it. Any ideas where the cobble is coming from? I've not seen any stone in the nether, and I'm pretty sure it hadn't chewed through anything that I had built.

Are you pumping nether lava?

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone wanna jump on my server and help me fence the entire map so I only have to setup the quarry once. Well if it works.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I had a big area fenced off for animals so I just plopped it down on one of the sides. So nice to be mining next to my base with having a huge hole. So much easier to not worry about getting back and forth to a quarry area or destroying the landscape. Still may end up running a Quarries plus quarry because of the enchants, but it is no rush. It also nice how it mines up and down each chunk so you get resources fairly evenly.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I just deployed a huge Ender Quarry, absolutely awesome block, love how it turns everything into dirt and uses less CPU on the server. I'm going to try to work out how to make fences with drawbridges...

Is there a max size for the Ender Quarry?
I think 256x256.