Thank you RWTema - I love Ender Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few favorite mods but with the last Extra Utilities from RWTema this mod goes up in the ranks. The best item is Ender Quarry.

Its a pain to make but its worth it. No more huge holes in ground and no more lag because of floating water/lava.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
But the fences...... Ohhh the fences....

It is a great upgrade to the quarry, but I think it should eat some of its haul to make up for all the dirt it puts down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I just deployed a huge Ender Quarry, absolutely awesome block, love how it turns everything into dirt and uses less CPU on the server. I'm going to try to work out how to make fences with drawbridges...

Is there a max size for the Ender Quarry?

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta check this block out. Just started using monster, is it in that pack?

Yes it should be in Monster. Look for Extra Utilities 1.03a[DOUBLEPOST=1394545545][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just deployed a huge Ender Quarry, absolutely awesome block, love how it turns everything into dirt and uses less CPU on the server. I'm going to try to work out how to make fences with drawbridges...

Is there a max size for the Ender Quarry?

I dont think there is a limit becuase it only keeps 2 chunks loaded. The chunk where the mining is and the chunk where the machine is standing.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it should be in Monster. Look for Extra Utilities 1.03a[DOUBLEPOST=1394545545][/DOUBLEPOST]

I dont think there is a limit becuase it only keeps 2 chunks loaded. The chunk where the mining is and the chunk where the machine is standing.

I've done 128x128 so far with no issues... so yeah. Really wish Quarries Plus worked more like this with respect to working one chunk until its done then chunk loading the next one. But at least dirt is relatively easy to clear out.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
yea.... about those fences.... perhaps an idea to rather use angel blocks? as they're very easy to place down and pick up again...

though I don't really like that the quarry replaces blocks with dirt... I'd have rather liked it if it'd replace blocks with cobblestone instead, as that just seems more logical for me
but I can understand that tema probably wanted to keep the landscape as dirt/grass but perhaps he could've done it so the first 4 mined layers became dirt, and the rest cobble

Reactions: RedBoss

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
And how is it easier with turteles? Put the drawbridge down, put a stack of fences in, apply redstone signal. BAM

Not all packs have tinkers, or turtles for that matter. But fences are really easy to make lots of and put down regardless of what one is using.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
yea.... about those fences.... perhaps an idea to rather use angel blocks? as they're very easy to place down and pick up again...

though I don't really like that the quarry replaces blocks with dirt... I'd have rather liked it if it'd replace blocks with cobblestone instead, as that just seems more logical for me
but I can understand that tema probably wanted to keep the landscape as dirt/grass but perhaps he could've done it so the first 4 mined layers became dirt, and the rest cobble
So much gold though D;

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
And how is it easier with turteles? Put the drawbridge down, put a stack of fences in, apply redstone signal. BAM

Make the code once and it can make from any size from 4x4 to infinite by infinite. And it would take you 5 seconds (plus a 5 minutes of waiting.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Make the code once and it can make from any size from 4x4 to infinite by infinite. And it would take you 5 seconds (plus a 5 minutes of waiting.
how often do you plan to set up a quarry tho? xD
I have way too much stuff from just 3 64x64 quarries
---
In the end it doesn't matter tho, whatever method you prefer, is the better one for you

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I found a handy turtle program on the CC Forums that you can use to place down fences for you. It can also build other various things. Here is the link:
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/11520-the-versatile-shape-builder-updated-260214-now-with-enderchest-refill-mode/page__hl__ block placer

You can use a regular turtle to place down the blocks, but if you have a mining turtle, it will also clear out any blocks in the way. For the people that are unfamiliar with turtles, just type in " pastebin get rahj4r2k Builder " on your turtle and it will download it. Then run the program by typing in " Builder " or whatever you named it. Then type in "square" when it asks you what shape you want it to build, and then after a few other options, type in the area of the square (ex: typing in "8" will do an 8x8). The turtle should start placing down fences after that, and it places the fences underneath itself. Be sure to label your turtle by typing " label set (name you want to set) " and to refuel it by placing fuel in the 1st slot and typing " refuel". I just wanted to throw this out there since most Minecraft players tend to be lazy and find the task of setting some fences down to be painfully tedious :D

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
? You need at most two angel blocks, and that's assuming you want to bridge up with 'em. 1 will suffice for all but that purpose.
Oh, I thought you meant making the "outline" out of angel blocks xD. I take my statement back.